We’re looking for a Backend Developer. Join Uptech to create products for bold ideas in freedom & responsibility! Our mission is to build successful software solutions that make a change in people’s lives 🚀
Who you are:
• You have a product-oriented mindset (thinking in terms of solving problems, being pragmatical in tech decisions);
• You have strong experience with Node.js + Typescript and some framework in the ecosystem (preferable Nest.js);
• You have an understanding of system design and architecture approaches;
• You have an understanding of algorithms and design patterns;
• Strong experience with SQL databases (preferable Postgres);
• YYou have experience with Jest testing framework and common testing practices;
• You have the ability to plan own work properly (decompose and prioritize complex tasks);
• You have the ability to communicate opinion clearly for both tech and non-tech peers;
• You have the ability to deliver results without a lot of direction from a manager;
• You have at least Intermediate English (both written and spoken).
Will be a plus:
• Experience with Terraform;
• Experience with Cloud platform (preferable AWS);
• Understanding of CI/CD pipelines;
• Experience with Ansible;
• Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases.
What we offer:
• Flexible schedule: 8 hours per day depending on your biorhythms (without a fixed start of your working day);
• Opportunity to work remotely;
• Paid vacation (31 working days off per year: 11 national holidays + 20 actual vacations);
• Paid sick leaves (10 working days per year);
• Registering as a private entrepreneur („ФОП”, managed by our accountant);
• Educational bonus;
• Individual benefit (to spend on traveling, insurance, gym, driving school, etc. per year);
• English lessons compensation;
• Sports activities (football team, race nation team, marathons);
• Regular teambuildings and parties (now online);
• Cozy office in the city center with a relax zone.
What you will do:
• Architect, develop and work with the team on the features or projects;
• Work with designers, product managers, and other engineers to solve problems and implement solutions;
• Deliver high-quality code taking in the reasonable delivery time;
• Work on cloud-based infrastructure;
• Perform code reviews.
What about the hiring process?
• Intro phone call;
• Online or offline whiteboarding day (up to 4 hours, including communication with our Backend team).