We’re looking for a Back-End Team Lead to join our team.
Who you are:
• You have a product-oriented mindset (thinking in terms of solving problems, being pragmatical in tech decisions);
• You have strong experience with Node.js + Typescript and some framework in the ecosystem (preferable Nest.js);
• You have a good understanding of system design and architecture approaches;
• You have understanding of algorithms and design patterns;
• You have strong experience with SQL databases (preferable Postgres);
• You have experience with Jest testing framework and common testing practices;
• You have experience with Cloud platform (preferable AWS);
• You are understanding of CI/CD pipelines;
• You have leadership and organizational skills with an ability to inspire others;
• You are the ability to plan own work properly (decompose and prioritise complex tasks);
• You are the ability to communicate opinion clearly for both tech and non-tech peers;
• You are ability to deliver results without a lot of direction from a manager;
• You have at least Upper-Intermediate English (both written and spoken).
Will be a plus:
• Experience with Terraform;
• Experience with Ansible;
• Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases;
• Desire to grow into lead/manager role;
• Experience in mentoring or managing small teams;
• Desire to dive into the both tech and business part of the product.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary depends on your qualification;
• Flexible schedule: 8 hours per day depending on your biorhythms (without a fixed start of your working day);
• Opportunity to work remotely;
• Paid vacation (31 working days off per year: 11 national holidays + 20 actual vacations);
• Paid sick leaves (10 working days per year);
• Registering as a private entrepreneur („ФОП”, managed by our accountant);
• Educational bonus;
• Individual benefit (to spend on traveling, insurance, gym, driving school, etc. per year);
• English lessons compensation;
• Sports activities (football team, race nation team, marathons);
• Regular teambuildings and parties (now online);
• Cozy office in the city center with a relax zone.
What you will do:
• Take an ownership of part of the system or project;
• Work with designers, product managers, and other engineers to solve problems and implement solutions;
• Architect, design, and work with the team on the features or projects;
• Deliver high-quality code taking in a reasonable delivery time;
• Work on cloud-based infrastructure;
• Scrum-based process participation, including meetings, iterative development, estimations, and design sessions;
• Opportunity of direct communication with customer and stakeholders;
• Mentor and coach Back-end team;
• Hire new members to the team.
Uptech is a Product Development company, working with startups and established companies in the US and Europe and launching new products within Uptech.
We are creating digital products in healthcare, finance, social, entertainment, and mobile-commerce industries. Over the past 5 years, Uptech has launched over 50 successful products.
Moreover, we develop an R&D department and launch our own products (Plai, VPN solution, TeamRoom).
What about the hiring process?
• Intro phone call;
• Online whiteboarding day (up to 4 hours, including communication with our Uptech team).