About the customer:
Careem (Uber Group) is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include mass transportation, delivery and payments to become the region’s everyday SuperApp. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting organization that inspires. Careem was established in July 2012, and was acquired by Uber in 2020. Careem operates in over 100 cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region.
Come join the Captain Platform Engineering Team and help transform 30 million lives in the Greater MENA region. Whether it’s getting from one point to another, getting food delivered to you, or seamlessly sending packages across the city, our tech is there, creating amazing experiences for our customers and helping empower our Captains (drivers) to simplify and improve the lives of people.
The Captain engineering team is building the region’s premier logistics platform and helps create opportunities for millions of people in one of the most dynamic and diverse regions in the world!
Our team is seeking highly motivated and talented individuals who are passionate about creating stellar experiences for our customers and Captains and build amazing technology at a massive scale. We work on cutting edge technology and with a diverse set of talented individuals across many geographies
About the role:
We are looking for a Middle/Senior Software Engineer to join our geographically distributed Billing & Pricing team. You will help build our new billing and pricing platform and revamp and re-architect our services. The team is responsible for orchestrating the trip/orders cost and bills, dynamic/static Pricing, Invoicing, and other financial topics that touch the livelihood and the experience of our clients. We are building a distributed system that can serve our increasing demand and expanding business offerings.
Whether it’s getting from one point to another, getting food delivered to you, or seamlessly sending packages across the city, our team is responsible for competitive pricing and the best experience whilst paying or receiving money for these services.
Our tech stack is Golang, Java and Spring Boot, PHP, Python, Micro-Service Architecture, SQL and no-SQL DBs, iOS and Android applications, web front-end and AWS infrastructure.
Direct cooperation with teams from the main office in Dubai. You will have business trips when the situation will be safe and they will be allowed.
● 5+ years of professional experience in Software Development building scalable microservices.
● Extensive backend programming experience in one or more of the following: Golang, Java, PHP.
● Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis.
● Good communication and collaboration skills.
● Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases
● Ability to: effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and changing requirements & think abstractly.
● Proven knowledge of system architecture.
● Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software against aggressive schedules.
● Experience with distributed systems at scale in a cloud-based environment.
● Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Key responsibilities include:
● Work closely with other engineers on the team to build highly scalable and robust backend services.
● Work closely with the Product Manager/Engineering manager to understand functional specifications and deliver complete features.
● Write high-quality, performant, and reliable code while working on defined tasks/bugs interdependently.
● Participate in the on-call rotation and be willing to jump in and help resolve any incidents within the defined SLA.
● Participate and enhance the team’s agile processes and practices, contributing to their continuous evolution.
● Work with a cross-functional team to address specific business problems.
● Participate and contribute to Careem tech discussions
● Take ownership of certain initiatives within the team to enhance the system capabilities or improve one of the team processes
● Help build and achieve team vision in collaboration with PM, EM and other team members
● Premium medical insurance
● Fitness club membership
● 20 days of vacation per year
● 15 paid sick leaves per year
● State holidays
● Company legal and accounting support
● Flexible working hours without time trackers
● Office breakfasts, snacks, beverages, and cheer-up events