WHO WE ARE:
ZenHR is a cloud-based Human Resources Management System (HRMS) that is specifically designed to serve everyone from SME to Enterprise customers in the MENA market. ZenHR is completely localized to the MENA market, including all labor laws, expat regulations, and social security & tax laws.
ZenHR helps HR departments and employees reach a state of Zen by offering state of the art cloud-based HR software solutions that provide value across all stages of HR from the ’Acquire’ stage to the ’Retire’ stage.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and developing new features for company products and will also work closely with many other team members to build products with high standards.
The Software Engineer will also be a key member of a small team tasked in delivering high quality code varying between (New/Update Features, Bug Fixing, and Code Improvements) for our HRMS.
● 2+ years of professional experience and track record of developing high-quality scalable code using Ruby on Rails.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Worked with agile methodology (Scrum ideally).
● Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
● Comfortable working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
● Strong knowledge in ruby testing specially Rspec.
● Solid SQL experience ( PostgreSQL | MySQL ).
● Successfully built Restful APIs, and architected database models.
● Solid OOP and software design knowledge.
● Familiar with Elasticsearch and Redis.
●Familiar with DRY & KISS.
GOOD TO HAVE:
● Familiar with Code Smells.
● Familiar with Design Patterns.
● Familiar with SOLID design principles.
● Working experience in Docker.
● Familiar with AWS.
● Working on maintaining and developing web and mobile applications.
● Developing new features and making sure services are always online.
● Work on developing internal tools (monitoring, logging, reporting, etc...)
● Working on the development of the back-end logic of the web and mobile applications and continuously adding value by suggesting and implementing improvements to functionality and user experience.
● Working on improving the process of code deployment, continuous integration, in addition to maintaining server infrastructure and security.
● Stock options so you own a part of Product.
● Career development opportunities — mentorship, internal meetups & hackathons.
● Learning budget as a % of your annual salary.
● Flexible work schedule without time trackers, start your workday between 7 AM and 11 AM.
● Medical insurance and fitness club membership.
● 20 business days of vacation and 15 paid sick leaves per year.
● Office breakfasts, snacks, beverages, and cheer-up events.