• Solid practical software engineering, programming and design experience
• Strong technical acumen on how the technical landscape fits together: Broad understanding of end to end landscape, specialisation in one domain.
• Experience in end to end system, security, integration and infrastructure design.
• Architectural thinking.
• Strong financial background either fintech banking start-up or financial e-commerce.
• Technical leadership: mentoring, coaching and developing a talent pipeline.
• A proven track record in decision making.
• Troubleshooting in software solution development.
• DevOps experience and exposure to agile methodologies.
• Experience in technical design modelling and methods.
• Require a broad understanding of end to end landscape and specialisation in one or more domains.
• Exposure to Support and Maintenance
— 24 calendar days of paid time off
— 15 sick leaves
— Public holidays
— Premium Level Health Insurance
— Premium Fitness SportLife membership
— Tuition & Certification
— The ability to work from home or remotely (depending on your maturity and the results you deliver, the better the results, the more freedom)
— Flexible working hours without time trackers
— Corporate Events
— Office in the city center with excellent kitchen and a full refrigerator;)
• Analyse problems and formulate solution based on organisations boundaries, architectures and constraints: Needs to be achievable and operational, must push boundaries when required and continuously push for improvements.
• Design detail solution architecture using new technologies in consultation using the patterns approved by Enterprise Architecture and technology domain SME’s. Design with a holistic, robust and sustainable mindset. Apply a product management mindset (long term thinking).
• Collaborate with the Architecture team to identify the right technologies to be used in the applications.
• Work with technology domain SME’s to shape, contribute and to integrate a solution across the technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment.
• Take proposed solutions through relevant governance forums and obtain acceptance for solutions from relevant specialists (domain or technology).
• Collaborate and communicate and obtain buy-in from key stakeholders.
• Decomposition of the solution and assisting with the scheduling/sequencing work and
identification of resourcing needs.
• Flesh out designs and contribute to functional and non-functional requirements.
• Assist software designers with lower level designs.
• Troubleshoot issues relating to technical delivery.
• Keep abreast of the technical landscape on how it fits together.
• Understand constraints and risk and make the necessary trade-offs.
• Influence and negotiate with key stakeholders.
• Craft the end to end solution taking into consideration: people, technology, systems and data.
• Future proof end to end solutions as far as possible within the organisation constraints.
Our customers Nedbank are looking for a Java Lead to join the team.
About client: Nedbank Group is a financial services group in South Africa offering wholesale and retail banking services as well as insurance, asset management, and wealth management. Nedbank Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nedbank Group.
To envision, lead and develop fit for purpose, integrated end- to end technical solutions across multiple technologies for the organisation, through inspirational technical leadership and visionary long-term thinking. Provide leadership across multiple initiatives guiding engineering lead practitioners to achieve product / programme alignment.