About the customer:
Careem (Uber Group) is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include mass transportation, delivery and payments to become the region’s everyday SuperApp. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting organisation that inspires. Careem was established in July 2012, and was acquired by Uber in 2020. Careem operates in over 100 cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region.
Come join the Captain Platform Engineering Team and help transform 30 million lives in the Greater MENA region. Whether it’s getting from one point to another, getting food delivered to you, or seamlessly sending packages across the city, our tech is there, creating amazing experiences for our customers and helping empower our Captains (drivers) to simplify and improve the lives of people.
The Captain engineering team is building the region’s premier logistics platform and helps create opportunities for millions of people in one of the most dynamic and diverse regions in the world!
Our team is seeking highly motivated and talented individuals who are passionate about creating stellar experiences for our customers and Captains and build amazing technology at a massive scale. We work on cutting edge technology and with a diverse set of talented individuals across many geographies
About the role:
They are looking for software engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in cross-platform development, distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development.
You will be responsible for the software architecture, design, and development of the software systems that make-up the Careem engine. These large scale distributed systems handle everything from user requests to payment processing.
This role is available at Lviv office. Direct cooperation with teams from the main office in Dubai. You will have business trips when the situation will be safe and they will be allowed.
● 3+ years of professional experience in Software Development.
● Have two or more iOS or Android apps developed with Flutter (preferred) or other cross-platform frameworks such as React Native and Ionic. These apps should either be deployed on the App Store / Google Play or available on Github
● Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases
● Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
● Understanding of the Agile development life-cycle
● Experience with automated testing and building (CI/CD)
● Experience with Git, Jenkins, or other version control tools
● Ability to write readable code, create extensive documentation for existing code, and refactor the previously written code into a readable state.
● Able to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish
● Strong communication and English skills
● Ability to easily work with people from different backgrounds and cultures with minimal guidance
● Design and development of cross-platform mobile and web applications supporting Careem’s Super App, Ride-Hailing, and Payments functionality
● Architect and design our distributed backend systems to meet the challenging functional, scalability, and reliability requirements for our fast-growing business
● Integrate components into a fully functional & validated system
● Develop and implement software verification and quality assurance procedures
● Document designs and review code
● Continuously strive for higher quality and productivity
● Premium medical insurance (after probation period)
● Fitness club membership (after probation period)
● 24 calendar days of vacation per year
● 15 paid sick leaves per year
● State holidays
● Company legal and accounting support
● Flexible working hours without time trackers
● Office breakfasts, snacks, beverages, and cheer-up events