About the customer:
Careem (Uber Group) is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include mass transportation, delivery and payments to become the region’s everyday SuperApp. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting organization that inspires. Careem was established in July 2012, and was acquired by Uber in 2020. Careem operates in over 100 cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region.
Come join the Captain Platform Engineering Team and help transform 30 million lives in the Greater MENA region. Whether it’s getting from one point to another, getting food delivered to you, or seamlessly sending packages across the city, our tech is there, creating amazing experiences for our customers and helping empower our Captains (drivers) to simplify and improve the lives of people.
The Captain engineering team is building the region’s premier logistics platform and helps create opportunities for millions of people in one of the most dynamic and diverse regions in the world!
Our team is seeking highly motivated and talented individuals who are passionate about creating stellar experiences for our customers and Captains and build amazing technology at a massive scale. We work on cutting edge technology and with a diverse set of talented individuals across many geographies
About the role:
As an iOS Mobile Engineer on the Captain Ride team, you will be a part of a cross-functional team developing the highly scalable and reliable mobile applications that our drivers use every day. You will work with a group of highly talented and motivated individuals to help shape the experiences that our Captains interact with every day on the Careem platform.
You will be asked to take business problems and turn them into delightful and reliable user experiences that allow our Captains to work on our platform. Your focus will be around helping the team to create an engaging user experience and building core app functionality which works in a hybrid online/offline manner
This role is available at the Lviv office. Direct cooperation with teams from the main office in Dubai. You will have business trips when the situation will be safe and they will be allowed.
Type of employment
● 5+ years of iOS application development with extensive use of Swift and well-known application frameworks.
● Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigm under iOS, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency and multithreading.
● Experience in iOS-specific application development and publishing iOS apps in the AppStore.
● Reactive programming (Rx, ReactiveCocoa, ReactiveSwift etc.) experience is a big plus.
● Kotlin or Kotlin/Native experience is a plus.
● Experience in Navigation based applications is a big plus.
● Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, design patterns, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
Key responsibilities include:
● Design and build advanced, scalable applications written in Swift along with Kotlin Multiplatform.
● Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
● Integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users.
● Own end-to-end product modules and features from requirements to going live.
● Design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to your peers on technical matters.
● Gather requirements by interacting directly with the end-users and advocate delightful user experiences.
● Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
● Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
● Premium medical insurance (after probation period)
● Fitness club membership (after probation period)
● 24 calendar days of vacation per year
● 15 paid sick leaves per year
● State holidays
● Company legal and accounting support
● Flexible working hours without time trackers
● Office breakfasts, snacks, beverages, and cheer-up events