Unicorn Systems is a renowned European company providing the largest information systems and solutions in the area of information and communication technologies. We have been focused on high added value and competitive advantage for our customers.
Our client creates professional trading software, infrastructure, and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers, and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its trading platform, it offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for trade surveillance.
The platform is the front-end screen of choice for professional derivatives traders around the world. As a Software Engineer you will work on our award-winning trading platform which incorporates robust, high-performance tools for spread trading, strategy creation, algorithmic and automated trading, black-box execution, high-frequency proximity-based trading and more.
- Support, maintain, and enhance existing and new product functionality for trading software in a real-time, multithreaded, multi-tier server architecture environment to create high- and low-level design for concurrent high throughput, low latency software architecture;
- Provide software development plans that meet future needs of clients and markets;
- Evolve the new software platform and architecture by introducing new components and integrating them with existing ones;
- Perform memory, cpu and resource management;
- Analyse stack traces, memory profiles and production incident reports from traders and support teams;
- Propose fixes, enhancements to existing trading systems;
- Adhere to release and sprint planning with the Quality Assurance Group and Project Management;
- Work on a team building new solutions based on requirements and feature;
- Attend and participate in daily scrum meetings.
- Experience with multithreaded browser and server applications;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of server development and AWS cloud technologies;
- Strong object-oriented code design understanding;
- SOLID design patterns;
- Familiarity with agile/iterative development methodologies;
- Experience in developing web services using REST approach;
- Experience in developing on large-scale systems;
- Solid debugging and performance tuning skills;
- English — Upper-Intermediate level.
— Full-time remote job.