Uklon is a product IT company which develops a leading ride-hailing service. Daily, the powerful Uklon team pumps up one of the largest infrastructures on the market of Ukraine and abroad ensuring the interaction between drivers and riders.
We create a high-load product behind which there are ambitious technological challenges, continuous innovations and non-trivial moves. Our work framework is to test new hypotheses, push our ideas and use the latest tech stack.
So, take up the gauntlet and come into play with the world giants on equal footing! Let’s transform the industry together!
Join us as a VP of Engineering.
• Test (we value your work and time, that’s why we pay you for taking the test)
• Final interview
You can learn the details on how to meet our team from Anastasia, IT Recruiter
If you are interested in getting familiarized with the service station in person, write to Vitalii.
What our offer includes specifically for this role:• to join us due to the rapid growth of the engineering department team and get $2000 sign-on bonus upon joining the team
• to be a member of the company’s management board
• to build high-load product development with complex engineering solutions based on microservices and with a state-of-the-art stack (.NET 5)
• to use the most modern technologies and methods: HashiCorp Vault, Kubernetes, Service Mesh (Istio), GitOps (Argo CD), cloud platforms (GCP, AWS)
• to develop a Ukrainian product that competes up to scratch with world leaders and solve challenges
• to participate in the option program after completing the probationary period
• freedom of decision-making, support for initiatives and absence of red tape
• the opportunity to participate in external and internal activities as an expert
How exactly you can influence the development of the company:
• work closely with Engineering Managers, Product Owners and cross-functional teams (developer, QA, DevOps, etc.) — 60+ people
• to agree, set and achieve quarterly and annual OKRs for product development teams
• to ensure the necessary pace and maintain the development quality at the highest possible level
• to provide day-to-day management of the team, including recruiting, training and developing employees, as well as managing their performance
• to create a favourable environment for the innovation process, high productivity and quality
Challenges for six months:
• to increase the speed of development and product delivery
• to optimize processes for effective team buildup within the international expansion
• to introduce practices in all teams that allow quick implementation of technical solutions. At the same time, the quality of implementation should not be reduced
To achieve the results, you will need:
• at least 7 years of experience in managing and coordinating technical teams of at least 50 people (developers, QA, DevOps, etc.)
• in-depth understanding of SDLC processes and development methods
• experience in measuring performance indicators and development quality
• experience in developing high-load products (Backend, Frontend, mobile)
How do you manage your working hours?
• You determine a convenient time for yourself, but you need to stay in touch from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• You choose a convenient format by yourself (office/remotely/mixed), work from any corner of Ukraine and the world
How will you level up your skills in Uklon?
• in-house trainings, workshops, hackathons, knowledge sharing, etc.
• corporate library and subscriptions to information resources
• attending webinars, lectures involving company speakers, etc.
Work (War) — Life Balance
We say “No” to routine and monotony, so we’re creating a space where it’s really fun to work. Gamifications, gifts, raffles, sports events, team building and corporate events — with us you won’t definitely be bored.
Vacations and sick leaves:
• 20 working days for vacation
• 10 working days for a sick leave
• a birthday day off
• corporate health insurance
If you are looking for a vibrant and ambitious product company aiming at development and global expansion, if you are interested in using the latest technologies and ready to further improve your expertise, join the Uklon team.