Uklon — leading Ukrainian ridesharing service. As a product IT company, we develop and support one of the largest infrastructures at the national market by ensuring the cooperation between drivers and riders.
Our products: applications and web-sites for the users to place a car order in and the drivers to receive them; we create our own internal processes management system (CRM), map service and an own solution that accounts for the integration with the payment providers.
Uklon Team applies state-of-the-art technology solutions and methods: a product is based on the microservice architecture using the cloud calculations. Our experts are constantly working on the development process improvements. Having lots of ideas, we are open for yours, too.
To have an opportunity to affect product development, join Uklon Team as the VP of Engineering.
Meeting, test assignment (we value your time and efforts, thus, we pay for the performed TA) and the final interview.
Let’s join us in LinkedIn:
CTO, Vitaliy Diatlenko
Recruitment Lead, Daria Kruzhylina
What do we offer:
• to be a member of the Company management board;
• to develop a highly loaded product with complex engineering solutions based on microservices and with a modern tech stack (.NET 5);to implement modern approaches in development teams (cross-functional feature-oriented teams, etc.);
• to use modern technologies and methodologies: HashiCorp Vault, Kubernetes, Service Mesh (Istio), GitOps (Argo CD), cloud platforms (GCP, AWS);
• to develop a product that competes on an equal footing with well-known world brands. To participate in the launch and creation of new products on our platform;
• free decision-making and no bureaucracy;
• team work focused on the results and Company development;
• participation in external and internal conferences, meetups, forums as an expert;
• participation in the options programme after the probationary period.
What should you do:
• work closely with Engineering Managers, Product Owners and cross-functional teams (Backend, Frontend, QA Engineers, etc.) — 60+ persons;
• shape, oversee and implement the technical strategy for all IT products in the Company;
• coordinate, set and achieve quarterly and annual OKR;
• ensure the required pace and quality of development at the highest possible level;
• provide reliable architectural solutions, promote best practices and processes;
• choose technologies, their financial and expert evaluation. Estimate the projects duration and their complexity;
• perform technical review of new systems to ensure the avoidance of common errors and compliance with the architectural vision;
• ensure daily management of the team, to include recruiting , training and development of the staff, as well as managing their performance. Build favourable conditions for innovation, high productivity and quality.
• to increase the speed of development and product delivery;
• to optimize processes to effectively expand the team by 1.5 times;
• to introduce practices in all teams to enable rapid implementation of technical solutions. Whereat the quality of implementation should remain high.
Thus, you will need experience and knowledge:
• at least 10 years’ development experience;
• at least 7 years’ experience in managing and coordinating technical teams (developers, testers, DevOps, etc.);
• experience in designing software architectures.
We do care about your health and comfort that is why we offer:
• corporate health insurance, COVID-19 test reimbursement programme;
• Uklon Free Rides — promo codes for Uklon rides;
• flexible work schedule and the ability to choose a convenient cooperation format; (office/remote/mixed format), so that you could work from any corner of Ukraine and the world;
• 20 business days of paid vocations;
• 10 days of paid sick leave per annum;
• additional social and corporate benefits.
You can support your development via:
• knowledge sharing within the teams (lectures, courses, mentoring programme);
• unlimited training budget;
• corporate library materials and subscription to Pluralsight;
• corporate training in various levels of English language;
• paid seminars, workshops, training sessions and conferences; hackathons, forums, team building activities.
If you are searching for an ambitious product company focused on development and global expansion, interested in using the latest technologies and ready to further improve your expertise, join the Uklon team.
More details on the company and the team: careers.uklon.ua