UKEESS Software House is looking for a talented Middle Site Reliability Engineer to join our team for a full-time position (remote in Ukraine or either in Lviv).
About Customer’s Project:
This is the world’s largest DNA network from the USA which helps people discover their family stories and gain actionable insights about their health. With more than 27+ billion digitized global historical records, 100 million family trees, and 18+ million people in their growing database, using this resource and DNA analysis, you can determine your ethnicity, susceptibility to a variety of genetically transmitted diseases, find relatives in all over the world, and more.
The person, who are we looking for, will adhere to the organization’s software solutions while following industry best practices surrounding AGILE methodologies. Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and have strong interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities will be next:
- Work closely with the onsite SRE development team in building services and tooling
- Help establish cloud engineering best practices including established Build and Deploy process, IAC, Monitoring, and alerting
- Evangelize site reliability engineering practices within the organization around monitoring error budgets, SLI. SLO, Identify automation opportunities
- Engage with development teams in troubleshooting complex infrastructure issues in AWS
- Contribute to a community of practices and help implement the same
- Contribute to tooling and automation
- Write code that follows standards and best practices in a collaborative agile environment (SCRUM).
- Experience in software development building tooling/service for cloud infrastructure automation
- Strong understanding and experience managing cloud-native applications
- Experience in AWS computes, Container, IAM, Storage, and Load balancing services
- Experience with monitoring tools like Zabbix, Prometheus, NewRelic, and Grafana
- Experience in troubleshooting issues within AWS infrastructure
- Experience in deployment, databases, and Infrastructure-As-Code (Terraform preferred)
- Experience or strong knowledge of one of the programming languages: Shell, Python, or Golang.
- Self-starter that leads out to provide direction with supporting solutions, and that learns and adopts new skills in advance of need
- Does not hesitate to reach out to teams to work directly to solve problems without waiting for directions while also meeting the expectations of the job role
- Solid technical communication skills as required in explaining the issues, reports, and other evidence to support the identified performance issues
- English: upper-intermediate level (both speaking and writing).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok! If you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this role!
What do we offer our new colleague?
- Competitive compensation (based on market data, but also depending on the technical level of the candidate)
- Flexible work schedule
- 3 health packages to choose
- Annual paid vacation and state holidays celebration
- Free English classes (online)
- Individual approach to a professional growth
- Lack of bureaucracy and micromanagement
- Modern, comfortable office facilities (a barbecue zone, kitchens, lounge rooms, coffee machines, etc.)
- Foreign business trips
- On-site parking lot and charge station for Electric Cars
- Corporate gifts, celebrations, and fun activities
- Sports activities: ping-pong, soccer, work-out
If you have a passion for solving challenging problems; building scalable, robust systems; love working with the latest technologies in a fast-paced, flexible environment; and are excited at the prospect of having a significant impact on products which has more than 3 million paying subscribers, then we want to talk to you! ;-)