As 3D Animator you’ll work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, with the major focus on prototyping, creation and integration of 3D animation content in line with the creative direction, technology and quality benchmarks of the project.
- Deliver work in accordance with the artistic direction of the project;
- Work alongside the other departments and disciplines to understand both the Design and the Engine limitations and deliver the best functional animations possible;
- Animate characters, cameras or objects used for real time or pre-calculated sequences;
- Integrate animations to the game while ensuring technical constraints are met;
- Deliver animatic and quick draft animation to proof idea;
- Produce final, high-quality animation from scratch, pre-designed draft or motion capture footage;
- Participate in the creation and realization of in-game animations as well as of cinematic sequences;
- Follow the quality standards, the aspects of the game wanted as well as the respect of the deadlines;
- Share his/her experience and help the less experienced members of the team.
- Knowledge of a 3d package — Maya, MotionBuilder, 3DS Max
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in the game development industry;
- Have a good understanding of animation principles — timing, weight and staging;
- Experience in keyframing executing convincing, realistic, well-timed animations;
- Nice to have understanding of motion capture technique and mo-cap data processing knowledge;Nice to have rigging skills, understands all aspects of character rigging and skinning;
- Nice to have English — intermediate or higher.
- Critical analysis and problem-solving;
- Self-motivated with proactive attitude to improve own qualifications;
- Open to receive and act on constructive criticism;
- Ability to learn game engine tools and pipeline;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in the context of given timescales and quality requirements.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.