The position is based in Kyiv collaborating directly with Ubisoft Production HQ which is the headquarter of our network of production studios and plays an essential role in the conception of our games. Closely working with the top management and our studios worldwide, our role is to support the various project teams on different topics (production processes, design, content, game direction, financial planning, human resources) in order to enable them to develop high-quality games while maintaining an editorial and strategic coherence. This particular position allows our team members to benefit from a global overview of all our current projects under development.
More precisely, you will be working with studios and teams all over the world at Online services, Platform Partners team, which is an online solutions provider that brings new concepts, services and tools to life. Our diverse and technical expertise enables us to conceptualize, build, support, and operate products and services for Ubisoft’s worldwide Production and Business teams. We provide expertise in Product Management, UI/UX Design, Development, Infrastructure, Integration and Support to help overcome challenges and deliver with passion and commitment to help teams accomplish their goals online.
Within Online Services, Platform Partners team, we create solutions to enable the organisation of various live events and campaigns (game betas, referral programs, free weekends...) as well as to enable teams in Ubisoft to reach our players by supporting the news creation and publishing processes on all platforms. We handle both internal services and player-facing solutions.
You will collaborate within a multidisciplinary environment of online experts composed by project managers, UX designers, UI designers, developers, and testers. As a member of Platform Partners Design team, you will be attached to the Lead UI Designer in Kyiv collaborating closely with UX and UI designers based in Paris and Dusseldörf. You will be in charge of ensuring the visual experience quality and consistency of the products and services to be delivered.
- You should be keeping awareness on UI trends;
- Develop ergonomic and intuitive solutions (both internal and player-facing ones) related to the company’s business objectives;
- Design flexible digital products with responsive mockups;
- Ensure the quality of the renderings and the monitoring of the evolution of deliverables;
- Develop multiple art directions of services from scratch;
- Prototype based on wireframes and hold design prsentations to stakeholders, justifying your design solutions;
- Create custom graphics assets (icons, visuals, diagrams, etc.);
- Iterate graphic tracks based on feedback;
- Respect the visual guidelines of each of Ubisoft brands with which you will collaborate to ensure a consistent visual experience;
- Collaborate with UI and UX designers on different ongoing projects;
- Work with predefined graphics components (design system) and be able to create flexible systems with proper documentation from scratch;
- Organize and ensure that your files are properly transmitted to the development team for integration.
- 2+ years of experience in the design of interfaces for web and mobile applications;
- Applications without portfolios will not be considered;
- A good level of fluency in English is required for this position.
Would be a plus:
- A first experience in an agency or video game industry;
- You create concepts/prototypes using HTML/CSS;
- Motion design experience (Adobe After Effects, LottieFiles);
- 3D design experience;
- Previous experience working with a remote/distributed team.
- You can work with high degree of autonomy;
- You have a track of trainings in graphic design or/and web/UI design, with solid practical knowledge about creative tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma etc.;
- You’ve got solid knowledge of UI/UX principles and are confident in putting them into practice;
- You have knowledge on accessibility and user centered design principles;
- You can intervene on several projects in parallel respecting the given deadlines;
- You have a proven ability to express yourself in writing and speaking;
- You enjoy teamwork and be part of an international team;
- You have extreme attention to details and eager to put extra efforts to deliver best digital experience;
- You are curious to know every product inside-out to have a bigger picture;
- You are recognized for your creativity, you are a source of ideas;
- You are not afraid of design experiments instead of just reusing common patterns.