The concept artist will develop concept artworks that will constitute the graphic representations of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the art groups as well as the production group at large.
- Leading and developing a high quality of Concept Art for AAA games
- Prioritizing and managing the team’s day-to-day tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on-time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronization meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams and stakeholders
- Organizing work and backlog using project management / planning tools i.e. Jira
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push project quality
- Sketch, draw and design art concepts for game design documents to make the vision of the art direction more tangible
- Create environments, characters, objects, atmospheres, and the general style to provide practical content that direct and indirect groups can capitalize on
- Conceptualize via quick sketches and digital illustrations to help the art director show the preliminary project intentions
- State ideas based on the direction and the advancement of the project with screenshot paint overs and retakes of existing illustrations
- Effectively communicate visual intentions with wider groups
- Make any necessary iterations to ensure that the work is in keeping with the artistic vision
- Convey the color pallets sought by the art director by using it in concepts
- Iterate on selected sketches by adding more detail
- Account for technical constraints and limitations to suggest realistic concepts
- Carry out all other related tasks
- At least 3 years’ working experience as a concept artist in the game industry
- Able to adapt to different art styles, from realistic to cartoon
- A Bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields
- Solid 2D drawing skills and good esthetic sense, knowledge of 3D software (3D MAX, ZBRUSH, Blender) is a plus
- Professional skills with Photoshop
- Familiar with Illustrator, Flash, and Adobe After Effect is a plus
- English — intermediate level
- Graphic design background or film and video specialty experience are welcomed.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.