Ubisoft’s 19,000 professionals, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and community can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As a 3D Lead Artist, you will be in charge of producing, optimizing and revising 3D assets for runtime/real-time purposes. He/she will work closely with Concept Artists, Game Designers, Gameplay Programmers and Animators to integrate the work into the game and verify that all the elements interact properly.
- Prioritize and assign tasks to team members
- Responsible for the quality of the models and ensure that they are produced on time
- Communicate with other Leads and team members
- Building up the art direction for the project by working closely with the Art Director and Producer
- Oversee the correction of the team’s bugs
- Participate in performance follow-ups in collaboration with the Producer
- Create realistic 3D models and textures including characters, creatures, and weapons in accordance with the artistic direction, production deadlines, and technical specifications
- Collaborating with the animation tech team to help define modeling standards for rigging, deformation, and simulation within performance budgets, and other run-time requirements
- Verify the quality of objects in the game, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction
- Understand, adapt and follow the direction set and the timeline by art directors. Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the industry.
- At least 5 years of experience in 3D modeling or any other relevant experience, preferably in the video game industry
- At least 2 years of experience as a Lead
- Expert knowledge of 3DSMax
- Good knowledge of Photoshop
- Good knowledge of ZBrush and Substance Painter
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, etc.)
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity
- Strong high & low resolution modeling and texturing skills
- Familiarity with a game development cycle
- Solid understanding of topology, materials, textures, proportion, and anatomy + animation and game limitations
- Good English communication skills
- Good communication skills, ability to efficiently collaborate with members of different teams
- Attention to details
- Passion for a career in the games industry
- Problem-solving and open-minded
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Working well in a team environment
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Updating job knowledge proactively
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.