• At least 3 years’ working experience as a concept artist in the game industry
• Able to adapt to different art styles, from realistic to cartoon
• A Bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields
• Solid 2D drawing skills and good esthetic sense, knowledge of 3D software (3D MAX, ZBRUSH, Blender) is a plus
• Professional skills with Photoshop
• Familiar with Illustrator, Flash, and Adobe After Effect is a plus
• Good communication skills, good sense of teamwork.
• English — intermediate level
• Graphic design background or film and video specialty experience are welcomed.
• Problem-solving and open-minded;
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
• Strong leadership skills, autonomous and proactive attitude, results-oriented;
• Sense of initiative, attention to details;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Working well in a team environment;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken;
• Good oral and written communication in English;
• Updating job knowledge proactively;
• Analytical and synthesis skills;
• Capacity to produce efficient software design;
• Passion for making and playing games.
• International AAA game projects
• Access to cutting-edge hardware
• Experience using hottest internally developed game engines
• Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
• Opportunity to travel abroad
• Medical / Life insurance
• English / French courses
• Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation
The concept artist will develop the 2D elements that will constitute the graphic representations of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the art teams as well as the production team at large.
• Sketch, draw and design art concepts for game design documents to make the vision of the art direction more tangible
• Create environments, characters, objects, atmospheres, and the general style to provide practical content that direct and indirect groups can capitalize on
• Conceptualize via quick sketches and digital illustrations to help the art director show the preliminary project intentions
• State ideas based on the direction and the advancement of the project with screenshot paint overs and retakes of existing illustrations
• Effectively communicate visual intentions with wider teams
• Make any necessary iterations to ensure that the work is in keeping with the artistic vision
• Convey the color pallets sought by the art director by using it in concepts
Iterate on selected sketches by adding more detail
• Account for technical constraints and limitations to suggest realistic concepts
• Carry out all other related tasks
Ubisoft is one of the leaders in entertainment, with a rich portfolio of well-known brands worldwide. In Ukraine Ubisoft has two studios, Ubisoft Kyiv and Ubisoft Odesa, which focus on strengthening Ubisoft’s presence on all platforms, with the main expertise in PC. Ubisoft Kyiv was established in 2008 and is one of the biggest GameDev studios in Ukraine that collaborated on blockbusters like Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, Steep®, Watch Dogs®, Trials®, Rainbow Six®, Ghost Recon ® and more. Ubisoft Odesa was opened in March 2018 and takes part in the development of Ubisoft’s world-known franchises.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.