• Minimum 3+ years of experience in 3D modeling (low poly, high poly, normal map extraction) 3D Studio Max
• Experience in creating PBR materials
• 2D skills — Adobe Photoshop proficient (ability to create tillable and specific textures)
• Good notion of proportions and a good eye for the detail
• Able to fast learn technical constraints of platforms, engines, and software
• Able to take a painted concept and turn it into a realistic 3D model
• Able to micro plan and time estimate his work.
• Interior and hard surface Modelling and Texturing is a plus
• Rigging and Animation is a plus
• Knowledge of Z brush is considered a plus
• Understanding of real-time computing constraints is a plus
• Basic gameplay and level design knowledge.
• Problem-solving and open-minded
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
• Strong leadership skills, autonomous and proactive attitude, results-oriented
• Sense of initiative, attention to details
• Ability to work under pressure
• Working well in a team environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
• Good oral and written communication in English
• Updating job knowledge proactively
• Analytical and synthesis skills
• Capacity to produce efficient software design
• Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code
• Passion for making and playing games.
• International AAA game projects
• Access to cutting-edge hardware
• Experience using hottest internally developed game engines
• Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
• Opportunity to travel abroad
• Medical / Life insurance
• English / French courses
• Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation.
• Create assets and textures in line with the project’s artistic and technical direction (references, documents, etc.)
• Integrate assets and textures produced in the game engine
• Verify the quality of his work once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary
• Communicate with the level designers and modify the objects to their requirements
• Use specific project tools in order to achieve the best results and meet deadlines
• Efficiently uses texture space and takes into consideration the pixel ratio
• Determine the objects and environments required and adjust the work according to the story and the gameplay (Game Design Documents)
• Understand and apply graphic principles
• Use artistic references to improve visuals.
The Artist will be in charge of producing, optimizing and revising 3D assets for runtime/real-time purposes. He/she will work closely with Concept Artists, Game Designers, Gameplay Programmers and Animators to integrate the work into the game and verify that all the elements interact properly.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.