• An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
• Experience in C# and optimizing code;
• Experience in gameplay, AI, and design (main character, cameras, NPCs, environment, behaviors);
• Experience as part of a team that has shipped a video game is an asset;
• Experience developing on video-game consoles or mobile devices;
• Experience working with Unity and its latest tech;
• Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game;
• You are creative and thirsty for innovation.
• Problem-solving and open minded;
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
• Strong leadership skills, autonomous and proactive attitude, results-oriented;
• Sense of initiative, attention to details;
• Working well in a team environment;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken;
• Good oral and written communication in English;
• Updating job knowledge proactively;
• Analytical and synthesis skills;
• Capacity to produce efficient software design;
• Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code;
• Passion for making and playing games.
• Knowledge and experience in the shooter genre and network replication;
• Experience in working with Unity DOTS ( ECS/Jobs/Burst);
• International AAA game projects
• Access to cutting-edge hardware
• Experience using hottest internally developed game engines
• Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
• Opportunity to travel abroad
• Medical / Life insurance
• English / French courses
• Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
When you’re a Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft, you have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands; there is a tangible link between your work and the player experience. You are entrusted with coding the interactive systems that make the game.
With every new iteration, you commit yourself to answer the most fundamental questions: Will the player enjoy this? Does it feel right? Is it AAA quality? You’re an avid gamer who cares about the player experience.
As a dependable member of a cohesive gameplay team composed of AI, UI and 3Ds specialists, you will bring to life the vision of the game and mission designers, who will take your point of view and expertise into consideration when making their decisions.
The daily life of a GPP at Ubisoft:
• Code new and existing systems to meet the intent of the game’s design;
• Keep them coherent with existing code;
• Develop gameplay tools for large content teams;
• Understand existing functions, and suggest and develop improvements;
• Collaborate with designers and animators on environments;
• Document your work.
Ubisoft is one of the leaders in entertainment, with a rich portfolio of well-known brands worldwide. In Ukraine Ubisoft has two studios, Ubisoft Kyiv and Ubisoft Odesa, which focus on strengthening Ubisoft’s presence on all platforms, with the main expertize in PC. Ubisoft Kyiv was established in 2008 and is one of the biggest GameDev studios in Ukraine that collaborated on blockbusters like Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, Steep®, Watch Dogs®, Trials®, Rainbow Six®, Ghost Recon ® and more. Ubisoft Odesa was opened in March 2018 and takes part in the development of Ubisoft’s world-known franchises.