● 1+ years developing tests web applications Selenium or a similar tool
● 1+ years experience working with Git
● Interest in developing toward proficiency in all areas of testing
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a team environment
● Ability to work outside standard working hours occasionally to synchronize with the rest of the business
● Experience testing Entity Framework code
● Experience testing React front end code
● Experience tracking work within Jira
● Experience working within small/startup sized organizations
● Experience working in an agile (scrum, kanban, or scrumban) environment
● Experience working with Selenium and/or Puppeteer for front-end testing
● Experience working with C#
We are seeking a Software Test Engineer to help build out automated testing for our new React web app and the .NET Core API used both internally and by our clients. We’re looking for someone who has worked with teams to test complex business rules and flows, using multiple different functional testing approaches.
You will work closely with established team members and become familiar with our technology stack. You will be expected to come up to speed and contribute quickly. You will work with and be directed by our other developers in writing tests for testing our Smartwyre RESTful API, eventually moving on to write React tests as well.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in C# .NET testing and will be capable of understanding and implementing test strategies across RESTful API endpoints, Azure functions, and React code.
● Contribute test code to development across multiple projects focused on a web front end at first, and growing into other areas of the code
● Take on work as directed by team leaders and track your progress on that work in Jira
● Estimate work accurately
● Report your work hours accurately and on time
● Attend regular standups with the team and report on your work/coordinate with other employees
● Progressively grow your understanding of the code base and domain to develop with increasing independence over time
● Collaborate with other teams and team members to help build shared APIs that can serve many applications and scale independently
● Give and receive constructive feedback on pull requests to increase code quality organically