About the Client
WellBeam Inc: “Transforming Communication on the Continuum of Care”.
WellBeam is a pioneering health-tech company that provides software services to hospital systems, physician groups, and home health agencies. Our software is used to transfer essential medical authorizations and urgent care updates between the medical providers responsible for the patient’s treatment to prevent them from bouncing back into hospital. WellBeam works with large hospital groups such as Stanford Healthcare, as well as large, publicly-listed home health agencies — including Kindred-at-Home, Asian American Home Health, Healthy Living at Home, etc.
Because of our strong growth, WellBeam is skipping the seed stage and raising a series A from some of the biggest names in the healthcare VC landscape. This makes it a perfect opportunity to be an early member of a fast growing, dynamic team to shape and be part of this tremendous growth opportunity.
We are people defined by our belief and our motivation in our mission. Our mission is to improve patient care and outcomes by improving the tools available for the people taking care of the highest-at-risk patients.
About the Role
Full-stack software Engineers at WellBeam are responsible for the implementation of new features and platform work. Key responsibilities would include:
- Development of new features on the web UI using React/Redux
- Database Modeling, Queries, Indexing and Migrations (mySQL, Sequelize)
- Development of backend REST APIs
- Analytics and Instrumentation work on the UI and backend
- Writing Unit Tests and Cypress Tests
- Job Scheduling, batching and worker systems
- Application Architecture — AWS experience preferred
- Integrations with 3rd party software (e.g EHR software, SSO providers)
- Experimentation (A/B) framework setup
- Implementing software security requirements & fixing vulnerabilities (meeting NIST 800-53 guidelines & HIPAA compliance)
- Code & Technical Documentation
- 4+ years of practical / professional experience as a Software Engineer
- 4+ years of experience with SQL queries and using MySQL (through Sequelize ORM or equivalent)
- 4+ years of experience developing REST APIs to support progressive web apps & native apps
- Knowledge and experience with Git, Docker, JIRA or Asana (or equivalent project management tools)
As a plus:
- Experience setting up Analytics systems and A/B experiments to track user activity
- Experience in or knowledge of TDD workflows & Unit testing
- Experience with Serverless Architecture
- Responsive Development (including writing unit tests) in React & Redux
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Unlimited PTO for any reason, including sick days (no specified limits), flexible work schedule;
- Personal laptop (MacBook Pro);
- Trainings, certifications, conferences;
- Private health & dental insurance;
- English lessons coverage;
- Business trips to assigned client headquarters in the US;
- Remote/coworking work;
- Accounting and legal support required to file taxes.
By working at WellBeam you’ll be contributing to a small and growing, closely-knit team in a fast-paced work environment. A start-up mindset to work hard, apply your knowledge to find solutions, take ownership, work with moderate supervision and have a lot of fun is essential! If you have that — we want to hear from you!