One of our related projects, an online gambling operator based in Curacao (the “Project”), is looking for a leading lawyer, who will be responsible for handling all legal matters related to the Project.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Legal research of alternative jurisdictions/regulations for the Projects, as well as implementation of the structure(-s) approved by the Project(-s) for implementation purposes;
- Providing full legal support to various legal entities of the Projects, as well as related to and/or affiliated with the Projects (registered in Curacao, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Moldova, Ukraine etc.);
- Legal support of KYC procedures with game providers, PSPs, AEMIs, banks and other similar entities;
- Reviewing, drafting and assisting with the negotiation of various contracts, including contributing to the development of contract templates, negotiation guidelines, signing procedures, contract databases etc.;
- Advising on and handling various intellectual property matters, including IP-related disputes and litigation (if any);
- Liaising and working with various departments of the Projects (Finance, Marketing, IT); ensuring that key terms of concluded contracts are communicated to all personnel responsible for the performance and administration of those contracts;
- Managing relationships with external law firms, providers of corporate services to ensure they provide high quality services at reasonable cost.
Skills / experience:
- Excellent academic credentials in law from top law school/university;
- 5+ years of PQE, including at least 2+ years of experience in providing legal support to online gambling, fintech and/or IT projects;
- Good knowledge and understanding of international corporate & commercial laws, banking laws & regulations etc;
- Proven experience in providing high caliber legal support;
- Fluent English (including legal drafting).
The type of person we are looking for:
- Proactive, energetic & motivated; able to work in a fast-moving environment;
- Able to take initiative and work autonomously;
- Enjoys drafting and negotiating contracts;
- Practical and business-oriented;
- Personable and approachable.
What we could offer:
- Reasonable salary & relocation package;
- 20 business days for vacation time;
- Reimbursement of all business expenses during business trips;