Play.Works is the leading games platform distributed through connected devices with the largest CTV game catalog in the world with over 400+ titles built for TV from the ground-up including Crossy Road, Trivia Crack, Tetris®, doodle jump, games from Atari® and Play.Works originals. Play.Works video portfolio leverages a proprietary connected device framework to enable rapid development across multiple Connected TV platforms to distribute AVOD apps and linear channels from creator superstars like SSundee, Ninja Kidz as well as original networks, such as BRB: Travel & Food. Play.Works games and video can be found on world leading players such as Comcast, Cox, SKY, Roku, Vizio, LG, Samsung and most major pay TV platforms in North America and the UK with more with a combined reach of over 250M homes.
PlayWorks is looking for an experienced, talented and passionate 2D Artist with UI design capabilities to join us in creating beautiful and enjoyable Casual and Arcade games for various Smart TV and Connected TV devices.
- Design mockups and prototypes that clearly demonstrate UI interaction models.
- Design UI layouts using guidelines or mostly starting from scratch.
- Design 2D graphical assets such as icons, logos, backgrounds and other elements that can be used in the game development.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- At least 3 years’ experience in video game development as a 2D Artist and UI/UX Designer.
- Strong design, drawing, color, composition, and conceptual ideation abilities.
- Experienced with digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Excellent eye for light, value, composition, and color.
- Ability to work with references.
- Strong use of research and reference material that supports idea generation and problem solving.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Big plus: animation skills, creating small animations for UI and characters using After Effects
- English: Intermediate+
Submission / Portfolio Instructions:
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required, including examples of casual games worked on.
- All artwork submissions should be online (e.g. game, website or online album).
- An art test may be required based on portfolio evaluation.
- Cover Letter is optional.
- Gaming background as a user.
- Experience in working with 3D assets.
- 2d animation skills.
- Have a passion for making and playing video games.
- Knowledge of Jira.
- Interesting work in the field of games and interactive entertainment
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Office in the center of Kyiv
If you are interested and feel that you qualify for the position — please send your CV in English stating the desired salary level.