· The ideal candidate holds an MSc or Ph.D. in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Economics or related fields.
· Strong knowledge of Python or R.
· Excellent working knowledge in SQL language for data extraction.
· At least 2 years experience working with a wide range of machine learning methods and algorithms.
· Ability to think independently and creatively about have to use and visualise data in the most efficient way.
· Passion for football or other sports.
· Experience with Visual Studio Team services.
· Experience with MS technology stack.
· Be a quick learner and have desire to improve technical skills.
· Ideas to recommend new technologies and technical design.
· Competitive salary.
· Strong team members.
· Influence on decision making.
· You will be exposed to the diversity of tasks and challenges which will help you grow as a developer.
· Building predictive models, engineering features, and using data intelligently to optimise product performance.
· Performing analysis on raw event data in modern distributed system engineering stacks.
· Developing models and metrics to measure player valuations as well as club and league rankings.
· Build an efficient personalised recommender system for relevant features of the marketplace.
· Research and analyse data in order to assist the management in making important decisions.
We are looking for a data scientist who is highly motivated and ready to take part in a challenging and ambitious project. The ideal candidate is passionate about football and ready to work in a start-up environment. The successful candidate will demonstrate thorough understanding of current best practices, tooling and frameworks and be able to express clear, well-argued opinions.
The company develops the biggest online marketplace for the football industry. We
revolutionise the transfer market and bring it into the digital world. The marketplace is
currently being used by the main top stakeholders in the industry and developing fast.