● High proficiency Unity3D and C#.
● Familiarity with building and debugging cross platform applications on iOS and Android.
● Willingness to learn and dive into researching a topic.
● Knowledge of Git VCS.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
● Ability to work productively with limited direction on a geographically distributed team.
● Fluent in English (written and oral).
● Positive attitude and love for video games
● Worked with “backend-in-a-box” tools such as Firebase or Playfab.
● Experience in native mobile languages such as Obj-C/Swift and Java/Kotlin
● Startup environment — where each individual makes a large impact
● Ability to own technical direction of various products and systems
● Work with great people on great games that reach millions of people each month
● Great office in Podil
● Flexible schedule and flexible location mode
● Unlimited vacation days
● Full legal and accounting support of your PE account
● Premium medical insurance after probation period
● English classes
● Constant contribution to your professional education and wellbeing in the company
● Build out and maintain our core SDKs’ features and wrapped services with the guidance of
product and engineering managers.
● Dive in to partners’ games to help them out with bugs and features surrounding our supported
● Work with external game developers to ensure optimal integration of Tilting Point and supported
3rd party technologies. This includes writing how-to guides and often sending a pull request with
the latest updates.
● Be agile in responding to incoming tasks. We work with many teams all over the world and need
to be able to provide timely feedback.
As a Junior Game Support Engineer for our Developer Relations team you will be part of a core service
which works with dozens of developer partners. You will build out features and fix bugs for an extensive
toolset which helps games manage their live operations and accelerate their development.