🏴 We’re continuously looking for the creators and craftsmen who are passionate about doing great stuff and see design far behind the screens. The ones who don’t see any boundaries between form and function.
And, also, the ones who have a strategic vision combined with strong tactical skills.
😎 What you will do
As a Design Director at The Gradient, you will own the big picture and lead the delivery of our design projects, responsible for the overall quality of our design outcome, while ensuring the team executing the work is set up for success.
In this role, you will lead both the team and the process, working as a hands-on frontman for our clients during the full life-cycle of building the digital product — from research and ideation to the final deliverables and launch, with an emphasis on iterations, frequent validation with end-users, and creatively approaching constraints. The ability to listen well, communicate clearly, and command a room is crucial in this position.
You will also work in close collaboration with Agency Partners (medium.com/...enior-talent-ee18d93a71bb), other Design Directors, Designers, Business Analysts, and People Managers, to support and develop the design expertise at The Gradient.
😊 Who we are looking for
● A mix of excellent design skills and effective management;
● At least 8+ years of hands-on product design experience with digital products of different scale;
● At least 2+ years leading, mentoring, and coaching a team of product designers;
● Solid understanding of product management and digital product life-cycles; You built a digital project from scratch before;
● UX expertise, specifically in the translating business requirements and user needs into robust UX strategy;
● Extensive experience in prototyping and interaction design;
● Fluent in translating UX and product strategy, user and market research into complex user flows, and simple and beautiful User Interface;
● Ability to build complex and scalable design systems, supporting product growth and development for future iterations;
● Excellent communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate your design decisions in both external and internal contexts;
● Be active in the design community, representing our company and attracting new talent;
● Willing to be a leader, listener, and a mentor for junior product designers. You can actively develop the skills of your team members to make them more successful in their careers;
📌 English skills of Upper-Intermediate or higher are required.
🔊 How to apply
We’ll be glad to hear from you and meet in person to answer all your questions and give more details about the position.
Write to us at email@example.com
You should able to show us how previous projects delivered value, elaborate on the reasoning and individual contributions, and point out how you used your skills (design, communication, interpersonal, etc.) along the way.
Read more about our hiring process and what we expect from you — medium.com/...the-gradient-8c30af57ab11
👩💻 About Us
We are The Gradient, a digital product design agency.
We’re a team of experienced strategists, designers, and business analysts, working closely with companies of any size to design and launch digital products people love.
Product strategy, user research, rapid prototyping, UX/UI design, user testing, requirements management, analytics, and post-launch optimization: all that our clients need to build and launch a successful digital product.
Some of our clients: Daimler, Qatar Airways, Philips, BTECH, Saudi Fransi Capital, JaJa Finance, SWAN, Pexcard.