Minimum of 5+ years experience building web applications
Familiar with Node, React, Redux and Webpack
Understanding of responsive design and its implementation
Ability to work in cross-functional teams
Good analytical and debugging skills
Unit/integration and automation testing experience
English — Intermediate or higher
What You’ll Do
As the Staff Software Engineer, Web, you:
● You are a pragmatic craftsman, with a passion for code quality.
● You take a long-term perspective on code but know how to strike the balance practical
● You love learning and growing.
● You continuously drive for improvement and are eager to leave code better than you
● You enjoy code reviews and are comfortable reviewing code with little context.
● You are open-minded and enjoy working on a team towards a common goal.
● You are passionate about modern web technologies and are comfortable researching
and upgrading external libraries used in our code base.
● You are always thinking of ways to increase performance such as image optimizations,
● You are familiar with the challenges issues across various browsers
About Project — Application, bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news, and podcasts — including live, on-demand, and original content. We serve more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe,
on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos,
game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo, and Google
Home. Subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and
commercial-free music stations.
Our business invested in a complete rewrite of our web application to a modern stack (React.js, Redux, Node.js) and we’re looking for a talented web engineer to build new features as we continue to scale. This is a highly visible, high-impact role in which you’ll have a lot of say on what happens on product features from early brainstorming to how we implement features. As a key member of the web engineering team, you will be involved in delivering consumer-facing
features for our website, embed player, and desktop application.