Application should be written in English
• Able to build front ends that match mockups
• Intermediate English skill or higher
• Experience in responsive and cross-browser development
• Experience with git
• A well-functioning computer with a high-speed Internet connection
• Experience working with restful API’s
• Experience in an agile-scrum work environment
• Experience with test-driven development
• Ability to work on variety of different project types, opportunities for growth/advancement
• American management, international clients
• Efficient and fair management. Clear tasks assigned and managed using Jira. Clear and respectful communication.
• You have the option to work in Teknika’s office near Tarasa Shevchenka metro in Podil. (Kyiv, Ukraine) if you like
• Flexible work hours
• Lack of bureaucracy
• Taxes covered by company
• Paid training time
• Paid sick and vacation
• Work with development teams utilizing Agile/Scrum methodologies.
• Hold regular sprint planning and demo meetings with the client.
• Design modular highly maintainable code following good style guides while producing applications.
• Design code based on provided mockups, user stories, and acceptance criteria
• Participate in code reviews
We have a variety of projects, but the initial projects you would work on are:
The 1st project is software for a company that provides a variety of on-site and off-site vehicle services such as tire/wheel replacement, tire/wheel storage, tire sales, tire renting, wheel balancing, wheel cleaning, etc. The goal of this project is to create software and integrations that streamline and automate many of the core business processes and increase the quality and value to the customer.
This will be accomplished with the development of four Project Components of their software infrastructure using Test Driven Development:
A customer facing website
An employee facing website
A cloud-based backend API
When deployed, the Platform’s user-friendly interface and intelligent use of integrations will deliver an amazing experience to the customers and Company’s staff. The Platform will be able to scale and have feature sets added in the future as Company needs grow.
The 2nd project is a database for a language learning app that will have a frontend dashboard where native-speaking translators can translate items, record voice, etc. and update the database. Eventually this database will have will support algorithms that categorize translations into categories that are useful for an associated language learning mobile app.
About Teknika Corp.
Teknika is a developer and engineering company based in Kyiv. We are partnered with a technology angel investing firm in the U.S. and support the dozens of businesses and startups in the firm’s investment portfolio.
What makes Teknika unique is the variety of projects we support. This keeps work interesting and creates opportunities to develop professionally across multiple disciplines and tech stacks if desired.