• Experience with compiled languages for backend applications:
— C/C++ (preferred), Java, GoLang etc.;
• Experience with scripting languages for backend applications:
— Python (preferred);
• Manual and Automated Media Validation:
— e.g. QoS, Metadata validation, etc.;
— Media Packaging — Bento4, Shaka, etc.;
— Transcoding — FFMPEG or similar;
• 5+ years of engineering experience (CS, Engineering, Physics, Math, etc);
• Upper-Intermediate level of English or higher.
• DRM — FairPlay, Widevine, PlayReady;
• DASH & HLS.
• Strong opportunities for professional growth — Meetups, Professional Library and more;
• Challenging tasks with a friendly experienced team;
• Opening for your initiatives — we always welcome new ideas;
• Flat hierarchy without micromanagement — our doors are open, and all teammates are approachable;
• Up to 50% compensation of educational courses and conferences price for professional growth;
• 23 business days leave and medical Covid support;
• Legal and accounting support;
• Regular team events and activities;
• Gifts for significant life events.
About the Company:
Techstack is a full-stack development company that works on products that matter and creates craft solutions for businesses and people.
We are not solo players, but a band with common goals to shift our expertise and get better things.
Now we are 140+ highly-skilled specialists, and we keep growing as a team and as professionals.
• Attend regular sprint meetings, and work closely with other engineers to validate low-level workflows, create tooling for validation, integrate new tooling into existing testing frameworks and workflows;
• Help with validation efforts during the release process. In this role, you will be considered to be 100% autonomous for day-to-day work;
• Provide guidance for project planning, which will include test plans and document design.
About the role
As a Video Engineering — Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test, you will be expected to contribute with a team of engineers to support an industry-leading Over-the-Top (OTT) software platform.
Our company is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to join our Product full-time.
The Product is a leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. The system is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. LA, New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Stack of Technologies:
С/С++, GoLang or Java;
QoS, Metadata validation, etc.;
Media Packaging — Bento4, Shaka, etc.;
Transcoding — FFMPEG or similar.