We are looking for an experienced engineer to bring Compose Multiplatform expertise into our products:
- JxBrowser, a leading commercial solution used by 1.5K+ companies, including Intel, Google, Mastercard, BMW, Bosch, etc.
- Productivity dashboard application for those drowning in endless issue trackers, letters, meetings, and everything that takes time. With this system, we don’t aim to replace existing solutions but to adjust the focus of users’ attention.
This position does not imply working with Android SDK.
Processes and Instruments
In product development, we build a process based on agile methodologies. The priority is the solutions’ quality rather than the speed of bringing functionality to production.
We widely use static analyzers, pay great attention to code cleanliness and automated tests, and conduct mandatory code reviews for all changes to improve efficiency.
The system and API design is done with the extensive use of Domain-Driven Design.
We are using Event Storming to define requirements. For mid- and long-term planning we go with Wardley Mapping.
The technology stack that we use in our products:
- Latest Kotlin.
- Java, JxBrowser.
- Protobuf, gRPC.
- Spine Event Engine.
In everyday development, we use the following tools:
- Git, GitHub.
- GitHub Actions for CI/CD.
- IntelliJ IDEA.
What you will do
- Participate in the development of desktop applications and UI components on macOS and Windows using Kotlin and Compose Multiplatform.
- Suggest ideas for improvement and future product development. Find ways of practical implementation of these ideas.
Knowledge and skills required
- 5+ years of working experience.
- Ability to program in Kotlin.
- Experience in Compose Multiplatform.
- Extensive experience in conducting code reviews.
- Upper-intermediate level of written and spoken English.
Would be a plus
- Experience in releasing and maintaining desktop applications in production mode.