We invite an experienced DevOps engineer to join the team working on a project for our client — Seattle Biosoftware. SBio is a full-service provider of custom solutions to life science and healthcare organizations.
Our products help scientists in cancer and other diseases researching and vaccines/meds testing by analyzing input from the Super-Resolution microscopes. The main customer is a developer of such microscopes.
Why It Is Important
In the current situation (with COVID-19) it’s extremely important to help scientists in researching vaccines to fight this and many other diseases.
What You’ll Do
- Maintaining existing projects hosted on AWS (EC2, S3, Fargate, RDS, MSK, etc.)
- Help with designing the architecture for upcoming projects (OpenStack, AWS).
- Configuring seamless blue/green production deployment (private VPC).
- Setting up environments for new projects.
- Speed up the development process by improving local project setup.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 2+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer.
- Expert knowledge of AWS Cloud services and core concepts.
- Experience with building and maintaining AWS infrastructure.
- Solid knowledge of networking and Linux administration.
- Experience with Docker, Git/GitHub.
- Good understanding of CI/CD basic principles and practices.
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of CI/CD tools (TeamCity/Jenkins).
- Experience with Build and Deployment automation development and maintenance.
- Scripting (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc).
Would Be a Plus
- Experience with Java 8 and higher.
- Experience with Java backend frameworks like Spring.
- Experience with Kubernetes cluster configuration and maintenance.
- AWS certification.
- Intermediate level of written and spoken English.
What We Offer
- Stable long-term project.
- Compensation of business trips, conferences, and educational programs.
- Direct interaction with the customer.
- Compensation package.
- Flexible schedule, option to work remotely when necessary.