We invite an experienced Java developer to join the team working on a project for our client — Seattle Biosoftware. SBio is a full-service provider of custom solutions to life science and healthcare organizations.
Our products help scientists in cancer and other diseases researching and vaccines/meds testing by analyzing input from the Super-Resolution microscopes. The main customer is a developer of such microscopes.
Why It Is Important
In the current situation (with COVID-19) it’s extremely important to help scientists in researching vaccines to fight this and many other diseases.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a brand new BioInformation heavy load system that should process datasets > 100Gb each.
- Move monolithic app to cloud with breaking it on smaller scalable parts.
- Continue developing our own agile PaaS framework to use it as a base for future projects.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 2+ years of experience in Java development (8 or higher).
- Experience with Spring Boot framework.
- Good understanding of OOP and OOD principles together with a basic understanding of micro-service architecture principles and patterns.
- Experience with Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Build tools: Gradle/Maven.
- Knowledge of Docker Engine.
- Good understanding of REST API development principles and standards.
Would Be a Plus
- Experience with clouds (especially AWS).
- Experience with web-based Front-end application development.
- Experience with Angular framework.
- Experience with popular search engines (ElasticSearch, Solr).
- At least basic knowledge of statistics.
- Intermediate level of written and spoken English.
What We Offer
- Stable long-term project.
- Compensation of business trips, conferences, and educational programs.
- Direct interaction with the customer.
- Compensation package.
- Flexible schedule, option to work remotely when necessary.