We’re looking for an experienced Senior Golang Engineer to join our team!
As a Software Engineer, you will have a significant impact on the success of our product. Your skills across the full software development life cycle will allow us to delight our customers.
- Act as a mentor for the team and help grow the engineering culture
- Transform existing services through new services using Golang and Google Cloud Platform native products.
- Write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code.
- Write automated tests and documentation.
- Maintain and improve existing codebases.
- Work across teams on common patterns and practices.
- Partner with product, design, and peer engineering leads and managers.
- Participate in on-call duties (as needed).
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Leadership skills with the ability to efficiently collaborate with an international team of engineers
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Understanding of cloud platforms’ capabilities. Knowledge of GCP and experience in building GCP-based solutions preferred; AWS or Azure experience welcome.
- Some experience with containers and container management platforms (preferably Kubernetes), highly available systems, infrastructure as code patterns, and canary deployment approaches.
- Experience with serverless technologies, microservices architectures, web services, RESTful APIs, message queues, and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of Agile principles and Scrum or Kanban methodologies.
Personal Requirements. Takeoff is a product-oriented company. We are building a team where each member is:
- Result oriented
- Responsible with a strong sense of ownership
- Humble, honest, and open to management and colleagues