Syndicode is looking for a Team Lead who will lead the development team on the project and be responsible for the project as a whole.
A Syndicoder possesses good soft skills, loves what he/she does, can trust and delegate, is always ready to learn new things, and unites people in difficult situations.
Every Syndicoder is an innate part of the horizontally built team with a massive pool of interests and knowledge. For us, friendship, empathy, dedication, and respect are not just words — they are what make Syndicode a team
Our core values are Integrity, Openness, Responsibility, and Being ready to support.
It is unacceptable for us to cheat or be silent about problems on a project, systematically fail to perform our duties, have no desire to develop, and be toxic in any way
💫 Project description
For more than 150 years, the client’s company has been building America, both by constructing essential projects communities rely on and by helping those in communities who need assistance.
With a growing number of processes and problems for keeping automatization and productivity of the team, the client’s company seeks a custom software development solution to interact with current processes much more effectively or automatically. The future platform will cover a top niche solution for the undiscovered market.
We are looking for a full-cycle engineering team to make the project live, support the project in the long run, and develop a product with updated features.
🌟 What you’ll get at Syndicode
- Fully remote job and flexible working hours
- Coverage of health insurance or annual health check-ups
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Competitive compensation, regular reviews
- Fixed annual balance for sports
- 15 days of vacation, 11 days off for holidays, and 20 sick leave days per year
- Internal tech meetups and education
- Positive work environment, friendly, collaborative, and professional teammates
⚡️ Zones of responsibility
- Providing regular and effective progress updates to PM to prevent any delivery risks or issues connected to a technological part of the project
- Maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Being responsible for creating architectural designs and helping the development team in implementing it
- Analyzing and reporting the requirements and providing an impact assessment for new features or bug fixes
- Hands-on technical and functional mentorship in designing, maintenance, building, integrating, and testing components according to functional and technical design specifications
- Taking active participation in code reviewing, investigating mistakes in the code, and raising them to the team
- Leading the project releases and deployment
- Ensuring all developed solutions are performant, scalable, and maintainable for the future
- Identifying and encouraging areas for growth and improvement within the development team
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and on-budget
- Providing technical leadership to teammates through coaching, and mentorship on a daily basis but not limited to (e.g., conducting skill matrix review; helping in defining areas of improvement; assisting in creating technological part of a personal development plan and following the progress)
- Working closely with Head of Delivery and Head of Engineering to provide accurate delivery estimates and recommendations for resource needs and breakthroughs
- Taking participation in hiring and onboarding new team members
- 40% of time for writing code
💼 Required skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of software design principles and patterns
- 5+ years of experience in developing projects on Ruby
- 1-2 years of experience in leading a development team
- Strong knowledge of the set of SQL/NoSQL databases and ability to choose appropriate
- Ability to design and implement proper API solutions
- Experience with cloud services
- Solid understanding of CI/CD
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- At least Upper-Intermediate level of English
➕ Would be a plus
- Experience in microservices development
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Knowledge of secure coding practices
⭐️ Why Syndicode?
- Dynamic fast-growing environment: we react and adapt quickly to the world’s and market changes, meanwhile we don’t forget to take care of our employees’ needs
- We hear and implement your ideas: ability to participate in decision-making, bring new ideas
- Self-management: opportunity to manage your time and plan your activities
- Continuous feedback within teams and departments.