We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer.
About our team
A Syndicoder possesses good soft skills, loves what he/she does, can trust and delegate, is always ready to learn new things, and unites people in difficult situations.
Every Syndicoder is an innate part of the Syndicode Family, a horizontally built team with a massive pool of interests and knowledge. For us, friendship, empathy, dedication, and respect are not just words — they are what make Syndicode a team.
Our core values are Integrity, Openness, Responsibility, and Be ready to support.
It is unacceptable for us to cheat or be silent about problems on a project, systematically fail to perform our duties, have no desire to develop, and be toxic in any way.
You should have
- 0,5 years of experience with Ruby;
- Ruby on Rails — Understanding of MVC framework, how to process service classes;
- Testing with RSpec;
- PostgreSQL skills;
- Git — add, commit, push level;
- Heroku Hosting — deploying with terminal or web interface;
- Amazon S3 buckets — how to implement uploading/downloading of files;
- Intermediate English level (B1) to communicate with clients.
Your tasks will be
- Communicate with team leads and project managers;
- Develop small and defined features;
- Deploy the code with Heroku;
- Fix small markup and logic issues;
- Implement simple frontend with JS libraries (jQuery);
- Write automated unit tests;
- Learn as much as you can :)
- 3 steps to become a Syndicoder: HR interview, Professional interview, Interview with CEO;
- A trial period is two months;
- The working schedule is flexible, from 8:00-11:00 to 17:00-20:00, respectively;
- You can work remotely or full remote;
- Fifteen vacation days, excluding holidays and weekends;
- Twenty sick days per year;
- Each employee has a fixed annual balance for sports, health care, or education;
- English lessons in groups;
- Office address: Sofievskaya 1/2a(Maidan Nezalezhnosti), Kyiv; Hlinky 2, 1003 (MostCity), Dnipro.
We’ll be happy to see you at Syndicode!