Do you want to start your engineering career in an IT company?
Syndicode is looking for a Junior Ruby on Rails developer with at least six months of working experience with Ruby.
Opportunities for you
• Improve your engineering skills with the help of senior devs (Mentorship program);
• Practice your English skills during meetings with the client;
• Join multiple commercial project teams with different technologies based on Ruby on Rails;
• Cozy Kyiv & Dnipro offices;
• Grow up to Team Lead.
Your responsibilities will be
• Learn as much as you can :)
• Communicate with team leads and project managers;
• Develop small and defined features;
• Deploy the code with Heroku;
• Fix small markup and logic issues;
• Implement simple frontend with JS libraries (Jquery);
• Write automated unit tests;
• Communicate with the clients, our candidate should have an Intermediate English level (B1) or higher.
We expect you can work with
• Git — add, commit, push level;
• Heroku Hosting — deploying with terminal or web interface;
• Amazon S3 buckets — how to implement uploading/downloading of files;
• Ruby On Rails — Understanding of MVC framework, how to process service classes.
• Offices in the city center — Maidan Nezalezhnosti in Kyiv and Most City in Dnipro;
• Healthcare insurance after the trial period;
• Flexible working environment. Typically we work from
• 15 working days for vacation;
• 100% compensation for 20 sick days per year;
• Opportunity to work remotely from any location;
• Internal English lessons.
Q & A
• How many stages of the interview? — 3 steps: HR interview, Tech interview, Interview with CEO.
• Is there a trial period, and how long does it last? — Two months.
• How often are there overtimes, and what is the approach to payment? — We aim to maintain a work-life balance and usually do not practice overtime work. In exceptions, we pay 100% as a typical working day.
• Office address: Sofievskaya 1/2a, Kyiv; Hlinky 2, 1003, Dnipro.