• Experience in programming for
• Experience in the quality development of Android apps
• Knowledge Java programming language and Android SDK
• Knowledge of concurrency approaches in Java and Android
• Knowledge of OOP principles, design patterns, up-to-date architectural patterns
• Internal application storage
• Knowledge of API RESTful, parsing JSON
• Experience with Kotlin will be a plus
• Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
• Experience using Bluetooth and USB communication stack on Android
• Experience with 3rd party (RxJava, Retrofit, GreenDao, Picasso, etc)
• Experience working with android media API
• Presence of developed applications in portfolio
• Knowledge of SOLID principles
• Experience with Continuous Integration (E.g. Bitrise, Microsoft App Center)
• Hands-on experience with Jira
• Experience in collaborative environments using Agile Scrum methodology, Jira, Slack etc.
• Understanding of Git flow
• Understanding Unit Tests
• Career and professional growth
• A well-established system for transferring experience and active use of engineering practices (Code Review, etc)
• Opportunity to influence software development process
• Individual development plans for employees
• Work with highly professional team
• Continuous professional development (free internal and external professional trainings)
• Good compensation package: health insurance, gym, a parking space, English courses, entrepreneur administration, tax compensation, paid vacation and sick leave.
• Comfortable office 3 minutes walk from Osokorky sub-way station
• Collaborate with design, product, and engineering teams to bring product ideas to life
• Develop the cutting edge Android applications that work as a glue between the company’s award winning product Swivl and the cloud-based service.
• Develop Android SDK for Swivl robot
• Debug and resolve issues related to the application and interaction with external and internal APIs
• Work with management in understanding business needs, defining technical issues, and proposing solutions
Swivl is a US product company with offices in Menlo Park CA, US, and Kyiv, Ukraine, with about 60 employees.
We are growing several products currently. The first one is a complex hardware and software product, Swivl Robot, widely used in K12 and higher education, as well as in business, in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Three generations (or more than 100 000) of robotic video platforms have been designed, produced and sold by Swivl since 2010, along with corresponding apps and supporting materials (for more, visit swivl.com).
There are around 40 employees at the Kyiv office (project and product managers, QAs, designers, developers, DevOps, product experts etc.) All the Team members started working at the Kyiv office, and currently some of them work remotely from other cities and countries. According to every talent, attitude, skills and interests, each team member can be either allocated to one product or contribute to all the Swivl projects.