Svitla Systems is a global trusted IT solutions company headquartered in California, with business and development offices throughout the US, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, an individual approach to our teammates’ professional and personal growth, and a family-like environment. Since 2003 we have served a wide range of customers, from innovative start-ups in California to large corporations like Ingenico, AstraZeneca, and Ancestry. At Svitla, developers work with clients directly, building lasting and successful partnerships. Our global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of other communities and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for a Senior Data Platform Engineer for a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Ukraine. The client is the first “on-the-way” crowdsourced delivery platform. They put extra space in passenger vehicles to work by connecting people with items to send to drivers heading in the right direction. The collaborative model enables fast, flexible, scalable delivery that reaches 90% of all U.S. households. They work with consumers, small businesses, and extensive global brands to help same-day and urgent delivery nationwide. The community of 200,000 verified drivers has delivered to more than 20,000 zip codes — the country’s most significant local same-day delivery footprint. The client makes it easy to launch same-day delivery with no set-up time or expense with their mobile and web applications. At purchase, customers can request a pickup in minutes and track their delivery from pickup to drop-off in real time. They work with top retailers, airlines, and grocers to provide a faster, more efficient, and more scalable solution for same-day and last-mile deliveries nationwide.
In this role, you will primarily focus on maintaining, expanding, and optimizing the client’s existing data platform.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Expertise in deploying and managing large software products using Git.
- You can write understandable, testable code with an eye toward maintainability.
- You can build robust pipelines supporting continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) processes, ensuring efficient and streamlined software delivery.
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes.
Nice to Haves
- Hands-on experience with CircleCI, Helm, Terraform, and ArgoCD.
- Experience working or developing with Superset.
- Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2, Secret Manager, and other relevant tools to enhance the infrastructure and workflows.
- Experience working or developing with BI tools (Superset, Redash, Lightdash, etc.).
- Experience working with Flask applications and/or Flask-AppBuilder.
- Experience contributing to open-source projects.
- Proficiency in the React framework.
- Take ownership of setting up, configuring, and managing self-hosted data engineering tools.
- Work with the Data Engineering Team to develop features for the dashboard tool.
- Develop customer-facing frontend features and customization in React.
- Stand-up pipelines for building, testing, and deploying dashboards-as-code in the business intelligence tool.
- Help support and upgrade the dashboard deployments, monitor for issues, and provide triage support when needed.
- US and EU projects based on advanced technologies.
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Flexibility in workspace, either remote or in one of our development offices.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental and massages.
- Sport reimbursement program for onsite and online activities.
- Support of a healthy lifestyle, compensation for running events.
- Bonuses for recommendations of new employees.
- Bonuses for article writing, public talks, other activities.
- Personal loan budget available for long-term personnel.
- 20 vacation days, 10 national holidays and sick leaves.
- Maternity leave policy and family days off.
- Full compensation for conferences, courses, English classes.
- Free webinars, meetups and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Gifts for birthdays, New Year, anniversaries, children and more.
- Fun corporate celebrations and activities, regular lectures on various topics.
- Awesome team, friendly and supportive community!