Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer (Technical Operations) for a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Ukraine. Our client is the world’s largest travel guidance platform, helping hundreds of millions each month become better travelers, from planning to booking to taking a trip. Travelers across the globe use the site and app to discover where to stay, what to do, and where to eat based on guidance from those who have been there before. With over 887 million reviews and opinions of nearly 8 million businesses, travelers turn to customers to find deals on accommodations, book experiences, and reserve tables at delicious restaurants. They discover great places nearby as a travel guide company available in 43 markets and 22 languages. The Technical Operations team is responsible for the architecture, deployment, and secure operation of the production environments & services, including the on-prem data centers where they manage thousands of physical and virtual machines, multiple cloud vendors where the client has both directly managed environments as well as tenant environments, and the global network which spans over 26 countries. As an Infrastructure Engineer on the TechOps team, you will be a force multiplier for the project’s engineering & operations teams, delivering tooling & infrastructure that not only has a direct impact on day-to-day operations but also helps contribute to the future client’s evolution of Infrastructure & Engineering.
- Experience working in a highly-available and dynamic production environment.
- Driven towards automation, remove manual process bottlenecks to increase efficiency.
- Practical experience in containerization and orchestration.
- Expertise in configuration management.
- Experience in virtual machine management.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals.
- Build out orchestration server orchestration with Puppet/Ansible for the server fleet.
- Help investigate issues alongside the broader engineering team.
- Assist in building out proper monitoring with Icinga2 for the server environment.
- Work with the systems engineers to remotely triage physical server issues.
- Further, build out the client’s automation and orchestration safeguards.
- US and EU projects based on advanced technologies.
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Flexibility in workspace, either remote or in one of our development offices.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental and massages.
- Sport reimbursement program for onsite and online activities.
- Support of a healthy lifestyle, compensation for running events.
- Bonuses for recommendations of new employees.
- Bonuses for article writing, public talks, other activities.
- Personal loan budget available for long-term personnel.
- 20 vacation days, 10 national holidays and sick leaves.
- Maternity leave policy and family days off.
- Full compensation for conferences, courses, English classes.
- Free webinars, meetups and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Gifts for birthdays, New Year, anniversaries, children and more.
- Fun corporate celebrations and activities, regular lectures on various topics.
- Awesome team, friendly and supportive community!