Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for a Senior Data Engineer for a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Ukraine. Our client is a leading global provider of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) performance and risk management software, data, and consulting services focusing on Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S), Operational Risk Management, and Product Stewardship. That means gathering information and reporting to improve the environmental and social impacts on the customer’s business. We’re looking for bright minds with excellent communication skills and a knack for solving complex problems. What you know today is only a foundation to support what will be needed for tomorrow, so your ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and techniques is imperative. You must be a self-starter, team-focused, and driven to improve the environments you support consistently. The project is a new Environmental Accounting project for Air/Waste/Water modules. This is a product the market wants us to deliver. We have to build new user experiences and a scalable backend for our new multi-tenant SaaS. It’s all cloud-native in Azure.
- 5+ years with Apache Spark (Spark Core, Spark SQL, PySpark).
- 3+ years with Apache Kafka (Kafka Broker, Kafka Connect, Confluent Schema Registry).
- 2+ years of experience in Azure Databricks, including data ingestion, transformation, design and utilization of Deltalake tables, Delta Live Tables ETL framework, Delta Engine, Databricks SQL.
- Hands-on development with Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Pipelines, Azure Synapse Studio, Synapse Pipelines.
- Overall hands-on experience with designing, implementing and testing of Big Data architecture on Azure.
- Gathering and processing raw data and translating analyses.
- Evaluating new data sources for acquisition and integration.
- Designing and implementing relational/NoSQL databases for storage and processing.
- Working directly with the technology and engineering teams to integrate data processing and business objectives.
- US and EU projects based on advanced technologies.
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Flexibility in workspace, either remote or in one of our development offices.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental and massages.
- Sport reimbursement program for onsite and online activities.
- Support of a healthy lifestyle, compensation for running events.
- Bonuses for recommendations of new employees.
- Bonuses for article writing, public talks, other activities.
- Personal loan budget available for long-term personnel.
- 20 vacation days, 10 national holidays and sick leaves.
- Maternity leave policy and family days off.
- Full compensation for conferences, courses, English classes.
- Free webinars, meetups and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Gifts for birthdays, New Year, anniversaries, children and more.
- Fun corporate celebrations and activities, regular lectures on various topics.
- Awesome team, friendly and supportive community!