Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for a Ruby Engineer for a full-time position (40 hours per week). Our client is one of the UK’s leading business insurance providers specializing in protecting the businesses the customers are working hard to build. They’re doing this by simplifying the insurance-buying process for all small businesses, combining technology, data, and insurance knowledge.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering since graduating with a related degree/or equivalent working experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby.
- An advocate of engineering best practices (particularly in regards to testing).
- Experience in working closely with business teams when building the product.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well in a very open and friendly environment.
- Proactively suggesting new tools, processes, and technologies — anything that will help continually improve.
- Work in an office environment.
- Build customer-focused products in a culture that champions Agile, cross-functional teams, and continuous collaboration.
- Develop the products using best practices, appropriate tools, and technologies.
- Work with cross-functional collaborative teams, helping to clarify requirements at the onset of projects and suggesting different and relevant technical approaches.
- Champion Agile processes across the team.
- Highlight areas for continuous improvement and drive their prioritization.
- Suggest new tools, technologies, and ways of working.