Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for a Senior Python Engineer for a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Ukraine. Our client is the world’s largest online social network for roommates, with 4 million active listings. More people worldwide choose to live together, and sharing a place can be a brilliant living experience and a great way to save (or make) money. The client connects people at all price points in 192 countries. With 24/7 customer service and a constantly expanding community of users, it is the best way to monetize their extra space and make it available to a membership of authentic individuals. Founded in September of 2003 and based in New York City, it’s a trusted name for people to post & search for accommodations around the world with other like-minded individuals. The project is approximately 60% done in a microservices architecture. The project duration will be 2-3 years at least.
- 6+ years of experience with a team environment in shipping production code, or a strong record of developing self-initiated, complex web applications.
- Knowledge of OO design patterns.
- Proven background in Python, Python collections, and Flask.
- Еxperience with MongoDB, knowledge of databases NoSQL and SQL.
- A good grasp of data structures, experience with microservices architecture.
- Passion for writing clean, modular, and QA-friendly code, experience with Python test and end to end REST API testing.
- Knowledge of AWS, Docker, and Jenkins.
- Upper-intermediate English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Develop, build and engineer REST API with microservice architecture with Python using Flask framework.
- Use MongoDB as data storage for individual microservices. Architect data models to be stored in DB.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers for planning, designing, and shipping features in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Write unit tests and QA automation-friendly code, collaborate with QA to ensure quality, and eliminate regression bugs.
- Collect requirements, make decisions on data models, and read flow diagrams to understand user stories and logic.
- Use AWS for static files, S3, CloudFront, and Elastic Search, etc.
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of sports events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses, and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday and New Year presents for personnel, gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.