Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for a Senior Software Developer for a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Ukraine. Our client is a Montreal-based fashion platform with a global reach. Founded in 2003, they are pacing the vanguard of directional retail with a mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels. The client produces industry-leading original content and takes pride in building its technology solutions and systems from scratch. Their field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as we explore the nexus of content, commerce, and culture. Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 88 million monthly page views, and achieving high double-digit annual growth since inception, it’s becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with Node.js, TypeScript, and cloud (AWS preferably) based architecture and solutions.
- Expertise in microservices architecture.
- Strong knowledge of caching technologies (Fastly, Redis, and Varnish) with the ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Expertise in RDBMS and NoSQL databases at scale.
- Proficiency in cloud resources (AWS — preferably/Google Cloud/Azure) with the ability to operate with them for the components owned, certification preferred.
- Experience with containers and orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, Giant Swarm, etc.).
- Proficiency in Git.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and master frequently changing web technologies and tech.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior employees to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Team player with a high sense of accountability and ownership.
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field, Master’s degree an asset.
- Build a deep understanding of the product roadmap for the squad, including future features to be developed.
- Contribute to high-level estimation and participate in laying out the development sequences, challenging the product roadmap, and identifying areas where technical debt can be reduced or avoided.
- Complete independently complex development tasks and actively contribute to pushing code to production.
- Write testable, efficient, and reusable code suitable for continuous integration and deployment, respecting best practices and the client’s development standards.
- Review Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams and technical documentation.
- Provide code quality, with the assistance of a QA Analyst, by conducting adequate testing.
- Implement performance, reliability, scalability, and resilience for at least one technical component owned by the squad through SLAs and monitoring.
- Contribute to cross-squad initiatives, acting as a change agent amongst peers to foster the adoption of new processes or technical solutions.
- Share knowledge and coach.
- Review pull requests with the objective to guide and upskill junior developers on various technical topics.
- Actively assist in the client’s university, the internal peer learning platform, to promote continuous learning.
- Contribute to solution designs, challenging other members on technical decisions, and explaining the technical design to junior developers so they can write documentation for the rest of the team.
- Participate in HR recruiting events, helping to identify and recruit top developers.
Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
Annual performance appraisals.
Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages.
Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of sports events.
Maternity leave policy.
A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
Partial compensation of conferences, courses, and English classes.
Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
Birthday and New Year presents for personnel, gifts for children.
Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.