Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for a Senior Java Engineer for a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Ukraine. Our client is a turn-key B2B (SaaS) solution for providers of interactive services in the security, smart home, MSO Health & Wellness, and Energy verticals. Offering end-users a unique in-app experience and partners exclusive app branding, the company enables partners to increase RMR and gain efficiencies while enhancing their brand awareness and unique service value. The client’s IoT platform patented architecture provides faster, more secure alarm transport through direct integration into partnering central monitoring stations. By offering a dual-path cloud-based platform, they provide greater redundancy and supervision while enabling instant response and live 2-way status of all security and connected devices. The client is a privately held company headquartered in Florida, USA with locations in EMEA and Australia
- At least 7 years of relevant experience.
- Proven background in Java and server-side Java development.
- A good grasp of JVM architecture, Garbage collection, Collections, and Concurrency framework, reactive and event-based programming.
- Strong knowledge and working experience in Spring Framework, RESTful API development, and ORM frameworks such as MyBatis.
- Experience in RDBMS such as Oracle and MySQL and familiarity with NoSQL solutions such as DynamoDB.
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL Optimization.
- Expertise in data modeling and database schema design.
- TDD experience in unit tests such as JUnit 3,4 and mocking libraries such as Mockito.
- Proficiency in configuring Tomcat 7/8.
- Experience in Linux-based infrastructure maintenance.
- Expertise in Continuous Integration with Jenkins, Maven, SVN/GIT, CodePipeline, etc.
- Experience in Agile Scrum development processes such as Jira.
- The ability for fast self-learning.
- At least 1 — 1.5 years of commitment to the project.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
- Manage and run application servers, web servers, batch jobs, and monitoring tools.
- Develop highly scalable, fault-tolerant web services, applications, batch jobs, tools, etc.
- Prototype applications when assigned to evaluate new technologies.
- Enhance the performance and scalability of microservices and Web Services applications.
- Develop tools and automated solutions in support of hosted services.
- Influence, train, mentor, and leverage the skills of others, including the technical team
Will be a plus:
- Experience in AWS functionalities including AWS Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, ElastiCache, and Redis.
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of sports events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses, and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday and New Year presents for personnel, gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.