Surprise.com is a technology company on a mission to build the world’s first entertainment super app — combining videos, social, games, and shopping in a delightfully gamified, thoroughly enjoyable single app experience. We do this today for the same reason we began with on day one: to turn the magical, uplifting experience of Surprise into a daily, weekly, and monthly life event — because it makes people happy.
What we are doing has never been done before, and like any innovator, we face challenges on a daily basis that require top minds in their fields to break through. So, we have been steadily building an international team defined by courageous ideation, relentless drive for impact, and meritocratic leadership. We are asking you now to envision yourself as a valued member of our winning team, on this inspiring mission.
We are currently looking for an experienced and capable Lead Infrastructure Engineer will be able to assess the current environment and make recommendations as it grows related to Security/permissions, networking, storage, uptime/downtime, serverless and containerized environments, and cost-effectiveness. Lead Infrastructure Engineer will also work very closely with the development team on configuration changes and aid in the development of level one team members to expand their knowledge base and impact on the operating environment as well as will serve as level 2 support for incidents.
So, if you’re ready to make an enormous impact in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and see your fingerprints on a truly global product, we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- Working in a supporting role to deploy cloud infrastructure on different environments;
- Working with our security team to implement remediations as a part of our vulnerability management program;
- Participating in our patch management activities;
- Performing on-call support activities on a regular rotation;
- Working in tandem with our development teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company;
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines;
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with the best practices throughout the development lifecycle;
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems;
- Participating in division process improvement initiative;
- Staying current with industry trends, making recommendations to increase the maturity;
- Ability to collaborate with team members and individuals across the global technology.
What are we looking for?
- Upper Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant experience;
- Strong hands-on experience in architecture, development, and ongoing management of AWS cloud environment;
- Hands-on lead to plan engagements to design, test, deploy, and validate the end-to-end resiliency and scalability of applications in the AWS cloud;
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work across teams and drive integrations in an AWS Cloud environment;
- In-depth knowledge of the web, messaging, database, microservices, and service-oriented architecture;
- Passionate with site reliability engineering (SRE) practices, and new technologies and drive for continuous improvement;
- Expert in AWS Cloud Infrastructure;
- Experience with performance tuning of applications using various tools and techniques;
- Strong skill in centralized configuration management, orchestration, and infrastructure as code techniques (Terraform, Ansible, or Chef);
- Automation experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation and Terraform;
- Solid scripting skills such as: Python, Shell (Bash);
- Experience with Observability / Monitoring tooling — Prometheus, Grafana, AWS CloudWatch, ElasticSearch;
- Strong experience in orchestrating application deployments in Kubernetes (AWS EKS) platforms;
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development practices, automated testing, and CI/CD pipelines;
- Proven experience in support of REST API interfaces, SQL, Spring Boot, and messaging technologies like Kafka, MQ, and SQS (Simple Queue Service);
- Expert in AWS Infrastructure components: ALB, EKS, RDS (PostgreSQL (Aurora), MySQL), AWS Organizations, Lamda, S3, IAM, Route53, ACM, EC2.
What skills will come in handy?
- Team player with excellent interpersonal Skills;
- Additional experience and willingness to assist in support of AWS Cloud, architecture and building of services;
- Conducting patching, upgrades, capacity planning, backup strategies, integration planning and execution is a plus;
- Experience working in a gaming company;
- Team management experience;
- Proven ability to learn fast;
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and innovative;
- AWS Infrastructure certificates, DevOps certifications or any other infrastructure certifications are preferable.
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Competitive salaries;
- Ultramodern office in the heart of Lviv (Magnus);
- Lunches, snacks, coffee and tea;
- 20 working days of paid vacation and Public Holidays of Ukraine;
- 15 days of paid sick leave;
- Medical Insurance;
- Corporate Taxi (from/to office; up to amount);
- Parking option;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!