Surprise.com is a technology company on a mission to build the world’s first entertainment super app — combining videos, social, games, and shopping in a delightfully gamified, thoroughly enjoyable single app experience. We do this today for the same reason we began with on day one: to turn the magical, uplifting experience of Surprise into a daily, weekly, and monthly life event — because it makes people happy.
What we are doing has never been done before, and like any innovator, we face challenges on a daily basis that require top minds in their fields to break through. So, we have been steadily building an international team defined by courageous ideation, relentless drive for impact, and meritocratic leadership. We are asking you now to envision yourself as a valued member of our winning team, on this inspiring mission.
We are looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer, who can support current AWS Infrastructure and SDLC processes.
You will be jointly responsible for processes and tooling required for the deployment and verification of the instrument software, as well as the management of the products in the field. You will work closely with developers and internal IT departments in different areas: infrastructure, DevOps, security and integration. We use a modern technology stack and all technologies are implemented and supported by our technical department. Your goal is to bring your motivation and willingness to work with regular and irregular tasks.
Tech stack you will work with here every day: AWS, Helm, Terraform, Terragrunt, Groovy/Python/Shell (Bash), Jenkins, Gradle, npm, Kubernetes, EC2, IAM, RDS, S3, EBS, CloudWatch, Lambda,, Kafka, DocumentDB, ElastiCacheAn, Grafana/Prometheus/AWS Cloudwatch.
What will you be doing?
- Creating, defining and managing build and deployment processes with focusing on process discipline and automation;
- Be responsible for helping to determine environment configurations to support the applications, and for ensuring that these configuration settings are consistent across all environments;
- Troubleshooting deployment issues and environmental configuration issues;
- Driving us toward consistency across all application environments, both in test and production;
- Working directly with agile Application Development teams to provide daily support;
- Configuration, development, optimisation and monitoring of our web and service environments;
- Working hand in hand with R&D and supporting team to improve process and ensuring systems are always operational;
- Maintaining AWS infrastructure: configuration, monitoring, reacting on production incident;
- Designing architecture of infrastructure solutions;
- Maintaining CICD pipelines;
- Be active, highly motivated to perform regular and occasional tasks, participate actively in discussions.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree, Associates Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or relevant experience;
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience designing and maintaining middle/large VPC deployments in AWS;
- 3+ years of experience using a configuration management software — Helm, Terraform, Terragrunt;
- 3+ years of experience practicing DevOps;
- 3+ years of Cloud Infrastructure experience — AWS Cloud hosting;
- 3+ years developing scripting skills such as: Groovy, Python, Shell (Bash);
- Expert in Jenkins Pipelines, shared libraries;
- Strong knowledge of building tools for Java, NodeJS like Gradle, npm, etc.;
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes (AWS EKS);
- 3+ years of working with Amazon AWS services, such as EC2, IAM, RDS, S3, EBS, CloudWatch, Lambda, API Gateway is added advantage, Kafka, DocumentDB, ElastiCacheAn active member of the Engineering;
- Experience in monitoring tools like Grafana, Prometheus, AWS Cloudwatch;
- Practical experience with Automation, Monitoring, Performance, Deployment, Configuration Management, Incident troubleshooting, and reacting;
- Unix/Linux administration and troubleshooting — Advanced.
What skills will come in handy?
- CI/CD pipelines for iOS/Android mobile applications;
- Experience building and running workloads in Kubernetes;
- At least 1 year of experience with testing automation;
- Identity and Access Management: Okta and AWS Organization;
- DevOps or any other infrastructure certification.
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Ultramodern office in the heart of Lviv (Magnus);
- Lunches, coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit/vegetables;
- Competitive salary and equity;
- Health Benefit Package;
- 20 working days of paid vacation and Public Holidays of Ukraine;
- 15 days of paid sick leave;
- An immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Close collaboration between international team members;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- Dedicated wellness area in the office;
- Corporate Taxi (from/to office; up to amount);
- Parking option;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!