Surprise.com is on a mission to turn the magical, uplifting experience of Surprise into a daily, weekly, and monthly life event — because it makes people happy. Our Surprise Box, and delightful companion app, is the most exciting way to get amazing goodies from brands you love and brands you’re about to love. With daily games, the ability to send and get Surprises from friends, and Grand Surprises — every day is filled with wow!
We are looking for an experienced Mobile Game Engineer who is self-motivated, goal-orientated and a strong team player. You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality-focused products. You enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You have the knowledge and ability to visualize how things should work, and how to translate this into a functioning solution.
With constant development of both live games and prototypes, game programmers have a ton of responsibilities here, and we’re looking for the best of the best — the type of engineers we one could build entire teams around.
What will you be doing?
- Being involved in all areas of game development including Programming of Graphics, Game Logic, Artificial Intelligence and User Interface;
- Supporting and contributing new ideas to game design;
- Writing robust code to be used at massive scale;
- Independently creating complete solutions from scratch;
- Working as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level.
What are we looking for?
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics or similar technical field;
- Upper-Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- 4+ years of experience in using Unity;
- Experience in the development of UI, audio, animation systems, shader effects;
- Good CPU and GPU optimization skills;
- Deep understanding of mobile platforms and their specific requirements;
- Excellent understanding of software architecture, design, and development;
- Apart from core game dev competencies, having a well-rounded fundamental skills including performance, design, architecture, and testing patterns.
What skills will come in handy?
- Experience in native development for Android or iOS;
- Released titles in Unity on a mobile platform is a big plus;
- A particular focus in one of these areas: Architecture, Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Network, WebGL, Client Security.
- Ultramodern offices in the heart of Lviv (Magnus) and Warsaw;
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Competitive salaries;
- Close collaboration between international team members;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- Paid Time Off days, Public Holidays;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!