Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only SuccessOS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
We are looking for a Lead iOS Engineer to join our development team in Los Angeles and help us continue delivering a world-class experience to our users.
What will you be doing?
- Making our product better, stronger, faster;
- Working with our API team to provide you with the APIs that you need;
- Working with our Design team to implement great UX on the mobile platform;
- Helping the Product organization figure out what to ship on mobile, and when;
- Keeping up to date on the latest features available in iOS, and deciding which ones to use to make your code wonderful;
- Shipping the best code you can, and helping other developers through code review and mentorship.
What are we looking for?
- iOS development experience in Swift or Objective-C;
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs as your data source;
- Experience with automated unit and user story testing;
- A collaborative mindset with strong communication ability;
- A creative mind that can help us discover new ways to apply technology to the problems that we are solving.
What skills will come in handy?
- A background in Computer Science, or at least an understanding of algorithms;
- Enough of a front-end eye to implement the designs that you and the design team build;
- App store distribution and beta testing;
- Experience building for other Apple platforms (Watch, etc);
- Experience working within a geographically dispersed team;
- Demonstrated ability to expertly manage conflicting priorities;
- High-bandwidth, high-energy, competitive, and creative individual;
- Driven to outperform; dedicated to self-improvement.
At Surprise.com, we’re committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team’s guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose from the inner quest for excellence itself, being driven from within to make anything we touch to be the best it can be. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them. We are first and foremost customer-driven — engineering, product, and design collaborate as equals to create a phenomenal end-user experience. We’re also home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation afloat.
- Extremely competitive salary for the local market;
- 20 working days of paid vacation;
- 15 days of paid sick leave;
- Fruits and dinners;
- And, of course, we get Surprises internally!