Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only Management SuccessOS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
We are looking for a Learning and Development (L&D) Manager to help our employees advance their skills and knowledge. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is passionate about helping people learn and grow, and has demonstrated experience doing just that.
So, if you’re ready to make a huge impact in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- Creating and executing learning strategies and programs;
- Evaluating individual and organizational development needs;
- Implementing various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training);
- Designing and delivering e-learning courses, workshops and other trainings;
- Assessing the success of development plans and helping employees make the most of learning opportunities;
- Helping managers develop their team members through career pathing;
- Tracking budgets and negotiating contracts;
- Hiring and overseeing training and L&D Specialists
What are we looking for?
- Upper-Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- 3+ years experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager or similar;
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods;
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices;
- Experience in project management and budgeting;
- General technological proficiency;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors.
What skills will come in handy?
- Professional certification (e.g. CPLP) is a plus;
- Precise attention to detail;
- Being an analytical and creative thinker who can approach problems from a first-principles-based framework;
- Experience working in a high-growth, early-stage startup.
At Surprise.com, we’re committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team’s guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose from the inner quest for excellence itself, being driven from within to make anything we touch be the best it can be. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them. We are first and foremost customer-driven — engineering, product and design collaborate as equals to create a phenomenal end-user experience. We’re also home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation afloat.
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Competitive salaries;
- Option of equity;
- Close collaboration between UA and US team members;
- Ultramodern offices in the heart of and Kyiv (Gulliver);
- Flexible working hours;
- Complimentary dinners (like Pizza Friday!);
- English classes and an immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Ability to travel to the US;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- Dedicated wellness area in the office;
- 20 working days of paid vacation;
- 15 days of paid sick leave;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!