Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only SuccessOS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.We are looking for a proactive Backend Engineer experienced with Ruby on Rails to join our team Lviv (Magnus) and help us continue delivering a world-class product to our users.
What will you be doing?
- Making our product better, stronger, faster;
- Implementing new features in partnership with our Product Department;
- Tuning the application to make it more performant and scalable;
- Innovating lightweight, robust, platform-agnostic RESTful APIs;
- Designing an easy-to-maintain, easy-to-extend back end infrastructure;
- Shipping the best code you can, and helping other developers through code review and mentorship.
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of Rails development;
- Experience in developing API-only applications;
- Good knowledge of Ruby 2.6+, Rails 5-6;
- Relational DB’s (preferably PostgreSQL);
- Background processing (Sidekiq), Redis;
- Experience doing code reviews and coaching more junior developers;
- Experience in high-velocity feature development focused projects before (b2b, b2c);
- Upper Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- A BS or higher in a technical field (Computer Science, Math, Physics, etc.).
What skills will come in handy?
- An interest in collecting data from disparate sources, whether via APIs or other means;
- Experience working within a geographically dispersed team;
- Demonstrated ability to expertly manage conflicting priorities;
- High-bandwidth, high-energy, competitive, and creative individual;
- Driven to outperform; dedicated to self-improvement.
At Surprise.com, we’re committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team’s guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose from the inner quest for excellence itself, being driven from within to make anything we touch to be the best it can be. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them. We are first and foremost customer-driven — engineering, product, and design collaborate as equals to create a phenomenal end-user experience.
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Competitive salaries;
- Option of equity;
- Close collaboration between UA and US team members;
- Ultramodern offices in the heart of Lviv (Magnus) and Kyiv (Gulliver);
- Flexible working hours;
- Complimentary dinners (like Pizza Friday!);
- English classes and an immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Ability to travel to the US;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- Dedicated wellness area in the office;
- 20 working days of paid vacation;
- 15 days of paid sick leave;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!