Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only SuccessOS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
We are currently looking for motivated software engineers specialized in Python development to join our team as Senior Engineers and help us continue driving our tremendous growth. This is a high visibility role at a rapidly growing organization with countless opportunities for professional development and upward mobility.
So, if you’re ready to make an enormous impact in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and see your fingerprints on a truly global product, we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- Making our product better, stronger, faster;
- Implement new features using best engineering practices
- Participate in architecture design and enhancements
- Communicate dependencies with other teams
- Take ownership of implemented services and solutions
- Collaborating with data science and data analytics teams
- Debug and troubleshoot issues
- Writing development tests
What are we looking for?
- Upper-Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- BS or higher in computer science or a related field;
- 5+ years of experience in software development;
- 4+ years of experience with Python;
- Practical experience with DS frameworks;
- Experience with AWS and / or Google Cloud;
- Experience building microservices and containerized applications (Docker, k8s);
- Proficiency in using database query languages such as SQL and experience of the ETL process;
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase;
- Experience with mining of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data;
- RESTfull API creation in Python (Flask, Falcon or similar);
- Understanding of software development process, Agile approach, and CI/CDl.
What skills will come in handy?
- Experience with big data frameworks — Hadoop, Spark;
- Understanding of basic Machine Learning techniques;
- Knowledge of Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, and Numerical methods;
- Applied statistics skills: distributions, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, etc.;
- Experience building large-scale recommender engines;
- Predictive analytics;
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Ggplot2, Plotly, Matplotlib.
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Competitive salaries;
- Close collaboration between UA and US team members;
- Ultramodern offices in the heart of Lviv (Magnus) or Kyiv (Gulliver);
- Flexible working hours;
- Complimentary dinners (like Pizza Friday!);
- English classes and an immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Ability to travel to the US;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- Dedicated wellness area in the office;
- 20 working days of paid vacation;
- 15 days of paid sick leave;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!